• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alfred Sargents at Lands End on sale

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
just keep adding shoes in your size to your bag until they run out - i think the inventory is up to date.

iiiiiiiiinteresting. I wonder if I could keep something in my bag until, say, Friday...then remove it and re-add it?
devil.gif

I don't think I'm going to get anything, though. Thanks for the tip
smile.gif

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
iiiiiiiiinteresting. I wonder if I could keep something in my bag until, say, Friday...then remove it and re-add it?
devil.gif

no, they'll let anybody buy it out of your bag and tell you it's unavailable.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this: I just added 73 pairs of the 9D Gibsons to my bag without complaint.

just keep adding shoes in your size to your bag until they run out - i think the inventory is up to date.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
I'm not sure about this: I just added 73 pairs of the 9D Gibsons to my bag without complaint.

well, i was only able to add 2 pairs of the chukkas in my size before they told me they didn't have any more.

also, check your shopping bag. it seems they'll let you add whatever number you want, but they won't tell how many you/they actually have until you get to your bag.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, seems like there's an insane number of gibsons in size 9's. somebody at LE or AS must of screwed up the order size allotments....

the chukka seems to be completely unavailable now - glad i picked up my size 15 minutes ago..... and to think, i almost paid 160 and tax/shipping for nearly the same thing from Brooks Brothers....

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so we're going to be looking at a lot of 'Antiquing Tan Sargent Gibsons' post between now and the holidays
smile.gif

yeah, seems like there's an insane number of gibsons in size 9's. somebody at LE or AS must of screwed up the order size allotments....

the chukka seems to be completely unavailable now - glad i picked up my size 15 minutes ago..... and to think, i almost paid 160 and tax/shipping for nearly the same thing from Brooks Brothers....

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so we're going to be looking at a lot of 'Antiquing Tan Sargent Gibsons' post between now and the holidays
smile.gif

Beats the "look what I did to my Keith Highlander" posts and the "Keith Highlander for sale" posts
devil.gif

StolenCar

Reaction score

And there are no 13's left, even though it appears on the page. I even tried calling on the very slim chance that there might a web error. Now that I waited too long, I hope it's true that the sizes run large since I would probably swim in a 13+ and they would just sit in the closet.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StolenCar
And there are no 13's left, even though it appears on the page. I even tried calling on the very slim chance that there might a web error. Now that I waited too long, I hope it's true that the sizes run large since I would probably swim in a 13+ and they would just sit in the closet.

smile.gif

either that, or the computer database is seriously off for size 9.

i vote for the database being off - that's much more likely then LE having 144+ pairs of gibsons in size 9.... i don't even think they would have bought that many in one size in the first place.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered 1 pair of each, in my true size. If the prices go down again and my size is still there, I fully intend to buy them again and return the earlier pair.

rezzor

Reaction score
I tried ordering a size 8 Gibson which shows as available but then get the out of stock message.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody just bought the last chukka in size 8. Had them in my cart just 5 min. ago.
censored.gif

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Somebody just bought the last chukka in size 8. Had them in my cart just 5 min. ago.
censored.gif

that's funny....

GuP

Reaction score
I wear a size 11D in PA AE. Will any of these fit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads