1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alfred Sargent Moore vs Cheaney Imperial sway me one way or another

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wombus, Jan 31, 2013.

1. wombus

wombus Well-Known Member

So I all but had my mind made up to buy the Alfred Sargent Moore in Chestnut which are currently on special here

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/alfred-sargent/products/5552.php

When I stumbled upon these on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cheaney-E...8400451?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1c2f0c0243

Seems like a lot of shoe for £90 (~25%) less. Does the community have any thoughts about one vs the other, I know that AS will be a good/great choice, but would the Cheaney be as good or better? It appears cheaney no longer make that shoe (it's not on their website) and a google search turns up zero hits.

Your advice/thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

2. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

I'd go for the Alfred Sargent. The leather quality on their exclusive range is very nice. I have one pair from them and the leather is very comparable to G&G. Look at the pictures closely you can see the difference in the photos.

3. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

4. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

chestnut Moore hands down

5. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

If you are comparing the two, AS is definitely better. Does Cheaney make a good shoe? Yes. Is it better than the AS Moore when it comes to leather uppers, finishing, sole work? No.

I believe both are priced equivalent to their worth. The question is are you willing to pay 25% more at this point for a better shoe?

6. TiberiasUSA

TiberiasUSA Senior member

I like the imperials more. I'm finding my AS to looks a little chunky lately

7. atia2

atia2 Senior member

I saw these Cheaney Imperials ("Earl's Row") in TK Maxx on Charing Cross Road today. A very handsome shoe and an astonishing steal at £150. Sadly there were none in my size.

8. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

I have pairs from both and must say the Cheaney are holding up much better than the AS.

Personally I prefer the Cheaney.

9. Chowkin

Chowkin Senior member

So which one did you end up buying?

10. wombus

wombus Well-Known Member

I bought the AS. I'm travelling at the moment, otherwise I could post pictures. Very happy with them.