Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by clintonf, Feb 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Groover

Groover Senior member

Unfortunately these don't belong to me.

From the new AS Handgrade line, style called Keats. The colour is chestnut with burnishing in the throat and on the heel & toe area. Fiddleback waist is standard on this range.

For more updates Chay has a blog http://alfred-sargent.blogspot.com/p/home.html

A few pictures and some close up shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Looks great, thanks for the link!

3. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Yay! My custom last arrived recently from Springline to AS. My try on pair will be coming soon. Can't wait! Still deciding what to do for my first pair. So many options! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Yay! My custom last arrived recently from Springline to AS. My try on pair will be coming soon. Can't wait! Still deciding what to do for me first pair. So many options!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is really awesome.

5. fox81

fox81 Senior member

They do look impressive, and i never thought i'd say that about a shoe last.

did you model it on anything in particular? EG 888? TG73?

And are they doing you a test shoe?

Ive also heard that the AS Handgrade's are now considerably more expensive than the initial 450 gbp offering. Any comment on this?

6. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

[​IMG]

looks good [​IMG]

7. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Thanks guys!

Fox81 - to answer your questions, I didn't really model this after a specific last. I gave a bunch of descriptions of the type of look I was going for and Michael seemed to have a good idea of what I was after. I think it came out well and I'll have an even better idea after the try-on pair comes in June. I'll likely get some AS Handgrades from time to time, but I'll also just get some standard shoes from their RTW line using my own last. Chay said they just do a small upcharge for using your own last on stock shoes.

8. forex

forex Senior member

Thanks guys!

Fox81 - to answer your questions, I didn't really model this after a specific last. I gave a bunch of descriptions of the type of look I was going for and Michael seemed to have a good idea of what I was after. I think it came out well and I'll have an even better idea after the try-on pair comes in June. I'll likely get some AS Handgrades from time to time, but I'll also just get some standard shoes from their RTW line using my own last. Chay said they just do a small upcharge for using your own last on stock shoes.

I would be careful ordering RTW models made on my own last, they may not turn out as nice as the RTW models. It sounds like you are doing semi-bespoke, your own last but not your design of the uppers.

9. badsha

badsha Senior member

Slewfoot you lucky bastard. Nice lasts. Had to travel to Springline in North Hampton i take it.

10. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

They do look impressive, and i never thought i'd say that about a shoe last.

did you model it on anything in particular? EG 888? TG73?

And are they doing you a test shoe?

Ive also heard that the AS Handgrade's are now considerably more expensive than the initial 450 gbp offering. Any comment on this?

it wasnt 450 USD?

11. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

I would be careful ordering RTW models made on my own last, they may not turn out as nice as the RTW models. It sounds like you are doing semi-bespoke, your own last but not your design of the uppers.

To start with that is correct. We'll see how things progress. The upcharge for using one's own last is that they need to alter the existing pattern on their RTW shoe. This takes time hence the charge. I have confidence AS will get it right.

12. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Slewfoot you lucky bastard. Nice lasts. Had to travel to Springline in North Hampton i take it.

Yep. I was there on my London trip this Winter. You can read more about the process here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=166378

13. A Guy from Shanghai

A Guy from Shanghai Senior member

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

ok, fashionistas, here i am thinking i know something about high end shoe brands and, at least today i can't figure out what company AS is. please help me out as the shoes in the photos are lovely indeed. thanx wing cat

Alfred Sargent Handgrade: http://blog.leffot.com/category/foot...lfred-sargent/

15. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member