1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by clintonf, Feb 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Guys. Can I confirm what's the approximate pricing for the MTO handgrades again? How do you get to choose the color if you're doing this online?
    640 GBP for the handgrades - they're all MTO but may be an upcharge depending on the modifications u want. re: colours - sites like Pediwear and Skyvalet also have pics to look at

Thanks man.

Anyone know how the 48 might compare in shape to the 104?
    Trying to stick to the exclusive line for now, so I don't think that 48 last would be available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the 48 in the bottom pic is a 'soft-square', but to my eye there's very little difference between the 48 and 104; IMHO the Wilson's look great

2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

640 GBP for the handgrades - they're all MTO but may be an upcharge depending on the modifications u want. re: colours - sites like Pediwear and Skyvalet also have pics to look at

[​IMG]
    the 48 in the bottom pic is a 'soft-square', but to my eye there's very little difference between the 48 and 104; IMHO the Wilson's look great

like these very much. similar in vibe to the southwald

3. forex

forex Senior member

I do love them all, but, have those employees been paid yet?

What is this about?

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

[​IMG]

I am allergic to black shoes, but I think I might have to have these.. Wow.

5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

What is this about?

old back story. the gov't shut AS down because they had not paid workers their wages in forever.

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I am allergic to black shoes, but I think I might have to have these.. Wow.

they are quite nice, right?

7. NORE

NORE Senior member

The cap doesn't seem as offensive as the southwold.

8. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Now that I've made the switch to imgur, I have some older pics I need to post. Here are a couple pairs of Handgrades, boots in 48 last and shoes in 87: [​IMG] [​IMG] Here with some AS slip-ons made to the premier standard, both on the 99 last: [​IMG] [​IMG] I ordered another, higher boot w/ a cap toe, but I'm waiting until I see Chay and the new lasts in person to decide on a few details. Sad he canceled the SF leg of his upcoming trip. Anyone going to see him in NYC (at Leffots I think) next week?

9. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Now that I've made the switch to imgur, I have some older pics I need to post. Here are a couple pairs of Handgrades, boots in 48 last and shoes in 87:

[​IMG]

I ordered another, higher boot w/ a cap toe, but I'm waiting until I see Chay and the new lasts in person to decide on a few details.
    Sad he canceled the SF leg of his upcoming trip. Anyone going to see him in NYC (at Leffots I think) next week?

-

Love the colour and general look of those winged medallions - are you going to go with the latest version of the AS beveled waist? I like the look of it for a super sleek oxford

10. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

M those full brogues look nice, what color?

11. Alfred Sargent

Alfred Sargent Active Member

I ordered another, higher boot w/ a cap toe, but I'm waiting until I see Chay and the new lasts in person to decide on a few details.
    Sad he canceled the SF leg of his upcoming trip. Anyone going to see him in NYC (at Leffots I think) next week?

Sorry about that M. I hope to be to be visiting San Francisco and Los Angeles later this year, unfortunately other business appointments mean I can only vist Leffot, NYC next week. Best, Chay.

12. NORE

NORE Senior member

Looking forward to seeing you there, Chay!

Bris

13. Alfred Sargent

Alfred Sargent Active Member

Thanks Bris, looking forward to it.

14. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Love the colour and general look of those winged medallions - are you going to go with the latest version of the AS beveled waist? I like the look of it for a super sleek oxford
    Thanks. For the boots, I'm thinking Dainite soles, but I agree it'd look great on an oxford.
    M those full brogues look nice, what color?
    Thanks LC. They're "berry."
    Sorry about that M. I hope to be to be visiting San Francisco and Los Angeles later this year, unfortunately other business appointments mean I can only vist Leffot, NYC next week. Best, Chay.
    No worries, Chay, but I do look forward to seeing you. Lucky guys in NYC.

15. NORE

NORE Senior member

Thanks Bris, looking forward to it.

No. Thank you, sir [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Nice! What last are those on? The chisel or soft square? Guessing the former, but they look softer in some photos.

17. NORE

NORE Senior member

The soft square but next to my chiseled lasts they look awfully similar [​IMG]

18. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Did you request a black welt with a natural sole edge? It looks a bit odd IMO.

19. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these need reposting - very very nice, i think these are perhaps some of the best examples of the museum calf i have ever seen

20. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

^^^^^^ Holy cow these are just fantastic! is this leather a radica as supplied to AS or have they done something to it? really looks spectacular [​IMG]