• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

Guys, stop responding to this guy. Those us us who have worked with Chay/AS know what it's all about. I'm sure we have all shared similarly pleasant experiences (sometimes overlapping) with Chay and will continue to do so.

Now, can we get back to shoes?
smile.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Very jealous. Just keep in mind that a bespoke last would be great, but it's tough to do without fittings.

sorry, but you can't have a "fitting" on a last, unless a shoe or trial shoe has been made on it.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
sorry, but you can't have a "fitting" on a last, unless a shoe or trial shoe has been made on it.

Understood; I will have to rely on Chay's feedback as to which last would fit best, then presumably have a trial shoe sent to me in the US. It appears it will be a busy few months for me
smile.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
uhhh... WTF happened to this thread??!!

+1, that's even worse what ever happened to "operation paprika"...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Understood; I will have to rely on Chay's feedback as to which last would fit best, then presumably have a trial shoe sent to me in the US. It appears it will be a busy few months for me
smile.gif

actually after our "meeting" busy will become a whole new meaning
laugh.gif

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Of course. That's what I meant. Sorry if that didn't come across.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of course. That's what I meant. Sorry if that didn't come across.
no worries. david, you're one of the good guys.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC11201

let's put it the sf way.

you seem to be the dumbest guy around.

fact: there is a guy who question some general things.

you're not able to distinguish, nvm

another fact:

AS is doing a good job to establish a brand in a "high" price market.

they didn't know that are people around who question their business model. yes you

shame on you, it's just disgusting.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no worries. david, you're one of the good guys.

Thanks! It's tough for me to tell if your next post was directed at TC11201 or cameroon, but trust me that TC11201 is one of the good guys as well as I've met him numerous times. Incredibly knowledgeable and generous.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! It's tough for me to tell if your next post was directed at TC11201 or cameroon, but trust me that TC11201 is one of the good guys as well as I've met him numerous times. Incredibly knowledgeable and generous.

ok, then please tell me why his(tc22304) arguments are like they are.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
wow thing of the future not to talk about, sex, politics, sport and now shoe brands - talk about getting of track
facepalm.gif

TC11201

Reaction score
ok, then please tell me why his(tc22304) arguments are like they are.

I'm not sure what you're on about chief? Nothing I said was directed at you, just at cameroon. I find his (camerron's) arguments silly and absurd. I've pointed out all the ways I find them silly.

As I mentioned, I've ordered from Chay and find him to be fantastic and I find AS handgrade to be an excellent value for money and excellent in absolute terms. Did you miss something in that or do you think cameroon has a reasonable position? If so, let's debate that clearly.

In short - I find cameroon's attacks ridiculous - he is attacking someone (Chay) who he has never met and who he has never even corresponded with via SF. He is accusing anyone who had a good experience with Chay and AS to be shills. And he's doing it all in a truly obnoxious way.

I am, like many others, defending Chay, who in my dealings has been nothing but a gentleman doing his best to build his business (and doing a great job). What exactly am I missing here? Something lost in translation?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems we're in violent agreement here: cameroon is a troll who, when put on the spot, doesn't know what he's talking about. Any other disagreement is a result of the general rush to put him down.

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
wow thing of the future not to talk about, sex, politics, sport and now shoe brands - talk about getting of track
facepalm.gif

+1

emptym

Reaction score
Imatlas just tipped me off to a WSJ article about English shoes. The AS model they chose is particularly excellent, imho, w/ a fine name to match.
let's put it the sf way. you seem to be the dumbest guy around. ...
G, are you sure you have the right guy? You may have a legitimate criticism of his other posts, but I thought his post in this thread was right on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads