• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alfred Sargent Burton

wetnose

Reaction score
There are shoes for work and shoes for lust. IMO, This belongs in the latter category.
280_280_2131_4.jpg

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just because most people wear ugly, clunky, square-toed shoes it doesn't follow that "the sleeker & pointier, the better".

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, I wanted to like those but just a bit too pointy. There aren't many good options for brown 2/3 eye derbies from pediwear, unfortunately. I prefer the shape of the Hatfield or the Pendle from Shipton & Heneage.

emptym

Reaction score
^The 106 last isn't my favorite either, but that style is great. If I didn't have a similar C&J pair from you, I'd probably special order the AS model on the 99 last.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by radicaldog
Just because most people wear ugly, clunky, square-toed shoes it doesn't follow that "the sleeker & pointier, the better".

Agreed - I had a pair of 2-eyelet derbies and sold them because they were just too much. It probably doesn't help I have size 11.5 feet...

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
^The 106 last isn't my favorite either, but that style is great. If I didn't have a similar C&J pair from you, I'd probably special order the AS model on the 99 last.

I've been trying to replace those with a pair that fits ever since.

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I've been trying to replace those with a pair that fits ever since.
I've decided they fit me perfectly. Thanks for them. You might talk w/ Chay at AS about their lasts. I told him what I liked and disliked about the fit of a pair I had, and he suggested another last and size. Best-fitting shoes I own.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I can't decide if these are too pointy for me. They would be a casual shoe, never worn with a suit. Thoughts?

I can't find a good pair of plain toe dark brown suede shoes other than these :fu:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are great - wish American guys would take a queue from their Italian and Euro friends and get over their obsession with round toed clunkers everyone seems to be in love with 'round here.

I know I won't get much love for saying so - but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the shoes today. Not as pointy as the pictures may show. I quite like them. I was a little worried that these would fit uncomfortably like my Luigi Borreli wingtips, but these are great!

I am looking forward to purchasing from Alfred Sargent again! (I should add that I have another pair of AS for Peal and Co, also suede)

Random question, where does AS rank compared to C&J? Similar to benchgrade? Below handgrade? Somewhere between?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads