• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
109 is longer than 87. I would still recommend the same size for 87 unless your feet are very wide and you went half a size up with your 109s. I have a pair of 109s sized up this way and I might still fit into my regular size, which is what I have for my Cambridge boots on 87.

That's exactly my experience!

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprise delivery - last few pairs Alfred Sargent Moore in Chestnut just come into stock https://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/...ce-asc/products/alfred-sargent-moore-chestnut

IMG_8600.JPG
IMG_8601.JPG

BXpress

Reaction score
109 is longer than 87. I would still recommend the same size for 87 unless your feet are very wide and you went half a size up with your 109s. I have a pair of 109s sized up this way and I might still fit into my regular size, which is what I have for my Cambridge boots on 87.

Many thanks.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3.5 years old.
IMG_9852.JPG

thuhoan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im about to pull the trigger on the Moore, in cherry. Carmina Simpson in 7UK and C&J 348 in 6.5UK are my best fit. Carmina Rain in 7UK is too voluminous for my flat feet. Which size do you recommend? Or is the 724 last not for me?

ShooIn

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im about to pull the trigger on the Moore, in cherry. Carmina Simpson in 7UK and C&J 348 in 6.5UK are my best fit. Carmina Rain in 7UK is too voluminous for my flat feet. Which size do you recommend? Or is the 724 last not for me?

I wear the same size for my C&J 348 and AS 724. The front of the 724 and 348 are similar, and less voluminous than the Rain . More room in the toebox in the 724. UK 6.5 would be my advice. Left to right: Rain (ignore Cheaney tree!), 724, 348 (all in UK 6, and each comfortable for me)

IMG_1320.jpg IMG_1318.jpg

kbuzz

Reaction score
Since it appears that AS is dropping thier country line now maybe the time to spring for a Hannover or Lombard boot. Can anyone give me some info on these last. I’m trying to find out if they are voluminous as I have an issue with say the truckers Stowe last....thanks

brotherender

Reaction score
Since it appears that AS is dropping thier country line now maybe the time to spring for a Hannover or Lombard boot. Can anyone give me some info on these last. I’m trying to find out if they are voluminous as I have an issue with say the truckers Stowe last....thanks
Hannover, last 87, pleasantly voluminous. I have wide feet and I still wear them in my normal size even with a felt insole for those freezing days. Lombard, last 7wk, even more voluminous. Definitely worth going half a size down.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've owned both and recommend Hannover over Lombard. I wear Hannover TTS but had sized 0.5 size down on Lombard. It had generous volume but I found it a tad too short at that size. I think getting my brannock size would've worked. I ended up selling them unworn. My Hannovers are my go to boots in wet weather. I agree with brotherender's assessment of the 87 last - surprisingly generous ( but still an elegant last). Took me a little time to get used to the boots but now I find them very comfortable. I got them @ 25% off during AFPOS summer sale, great bang for the $.

brotherender

Reaction score
@flylikeneagle I've been kicking myself for having lost that opportunity with Hannover boots. The Cambridge pair I had bought from AFPOS has been a dream to wear but it took me to long to realize I needed another one on last 87. I fully agree the last is elegant, which is why I've been trying to source Hannover boots to make up for my indecisiveness.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@flylikeneagle I've been kicking myself for having lost that opportunity with Hannover boots. The Cambridge pair I had bought from AFPOS has been a dream to wear but it took me to long to realize I needed another one on last 87. I fully agree the last is elegant, which is why I've been trying to source Hannover boots to make up for my indecisiveness.
I think pediwear is offering AS country collection at 15% discount at the moment as part of their winter sale. I think it's worth a look.

kbuzz

Reaction score
So would you all recommend a Hannover TTS? I’m little concerned since my feet skew to the narrow sided for us D width

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads