• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

RonnyK

Reaction score
Hi folks- I’m rather new to English footwear While I own a handful of Trickers and C&Js at this point, I’m rather taken by Alfred Sargent’s boots. Could anyone share who stocks them? They’re not exactly the easiest to find if you can’t visit one of the boutiques. The usual suspects (AFPOS & Pediwear) appear to both have rather limited or no stock. Thanks in advance for your help.
There is a shop in Oslo, Norway, who have some AS in stock.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tredders have a few. Not a huge selection though.

I think Alfred Sargent have a new website but it’s work in progress.

Alfred Sargent definitely aren’t as well represented as Trickers or C&J which is a shame really.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tredders have a few. Not a huge selection though.

I think Alfred Sargent have a new website but it’s work in progress.

Alfred Sargent definitely aren’t as well represented as Trickers or C&J which is a shame really.

I think there was a shop in Philly that was an authorized dealer. It's somewhere deep in this thread from about 4-6 months ago when AS did their product relaunch.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think there was a shop in Philly that was an authorized dealer. It's somewhere deep in this thread from about 4-6 months ago when AS did their product relaunch.

Style by Blain? Voltaire was going to carry AS, but as of now lists only G&G, Alden and Paraboot on his instagram account.

I'd add AS's parent company Bowen to the list. Bowen has some nice stuff, but nothing from country line. Pediwear and shoehealer have a handful of AS left in stock.

Last edited:

gmehra

Reaction score
Hi folks- I’m rather new to English footwear While I own a handful of Trickers and C&Js at this point, I’m rather taken by Alfred Sargent’s boots. Could anyone share who stocks them? They’re not exactly the easiest to find if you can’t visit one of the boutiques. The usual suspects (AFPOS & Pediwear) appear to both have rather limited or no stock. Thanks in advance for your help.
you can buy direct from AS if you email them

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just arrived from UK, from Tredders.

Alfred Sargent Pytchley in 87 last. A plain toe derby that AS managed to make it slim and very "light" looking. One of the non obvious characertistics of AS was/is their capability of making a country shoe a non bulky beauty.

I hope AFPOS could start selling AS again, my 6 pairs of AS are bought from them (the exception these Pytchleys). Their service is impeccable and are very nice people to deal with.

IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1924.JPG

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my Moore's in burgundy (courtesy of AFPOS) today
20200611_145021-1.jpg

20200611_145150.jpg

They came to me with a beautiful shine, but for some reason the hue wasn't convincing me, so last week I stripped them from any polish with pure orange oil and a rag. This removed a lot of brown polish and left them in all the glory of their original colour. I used Saphir 'Hermes red' to further enhance their reddish cast and now am a happy man.
You might guess I like red shoes ...

Braid

Reaction score
I will soon have the pleasure to visit the factory and hopefully buy some gorgeous AS shoes. Do you have any suggestion for an AS newbie? Anything specific to look for?

I am not sure what to expect from the "shop", do they sell seconds? What are the lines available? I am interested in the exclusive line as it seems really well made and good value too.

In any case I will share thoughts and pictures after the visit!

LPMIII

Reaction score
I'm not sure what lines they have available but I have bought two shoes via email from AS (Paul helped me). Both from the Exclusive line and both seconds: Armfields in black and Radwells in hatchgrain.

I'm assuming there is the possibility of everything to be offered (including brands they OEM for) minus their Handgrade line since those are one off productions.

gmehra

Reaction score
I'm not sure what lines they have available but I have bought two shoes via email from AS (Paul helped me). Both from the Exclusive line and both seconds: Armfields in black and Radwells in hatchgrain.

I'm assuming there is the possibility of everything to be offered (including brands they OEM for) minus their Handgrade line since those are one off productions.
how much were the Armfields?

Northants bloke

Reaction score
In any case I will share thoughts and pictures after the visit!

I'm not buying right now but are very interested to know if they might sell from the factory. You must be shoe trade. I live nearby but didn't think they allowed customers in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads