• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does cream contain oils in it?

To answer this, yes I think it sometimes does but in tiny amounts which is better for your shoe.

I know Saphir Renovateur contains mink oil, but it must be a tiny amount as I know if pure mink oil is applied it will significantly darken leather. Saphir Renovateur doesn’t however.

bantone

Reaction score
Could someone help me find a belt to match these shoes? These are Sid Mashburn but made by Alfred Sargent.

QWZCxBO.png

I think this may be close.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another longwing from AS.

Brand: Alfred Sargent
Model: Shoreditch
Supplier: A Fine Pair of Shoes
Last: 87
Colour: Mahogany calf
Sole: Dainite, 360 welt

Note: My favourite longwing pattern mounted on a great last. My pictures do not give credit to these shoes. When bad news about AS begun to grow in the web, I run to AFPOS to grab this beauties. Again, early morning light show this shoes much lighter than they really are.

IMG_9605.JPG
IMG_9606.JPG
IMG_9609.JPG
IMG_9610.JPG

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another longwing from AS.

Model: Shoreditch
Colour: Mahogany calf
Sole: Dainite, 360 welt

Note: My favourite longwing pattern mounted on a great last. My pictures do not give credit to these shoes. When bad news about AS begun to grow in the web, I run to AFPOS to grab this beauties. Again, early morning light show this shoes much lighter than they really are.

View attachment 1372159 View attachment 1372160 View attachment 1372163 View attachment 1372166
I too looked them for months on AFPOS.
I haven't even the excuse of being dubious about 87 last, because I have shoes in it which fit me a wonder.
I simply waited - until The Last Pair in my size was sold.
Oh well ... sero te amavi ...

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was the bad news about Alfred Sargent? Honestly they have a terrible e-commerce presence. Nevermind that you can only mail order from their website, I cannot find their shoes anywhere at any stockist...

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is the bad news, they stopped supplying to retailers

First that it was going to be sold due to financial issues and then, as Wurger said, they stopped supplying to retailers.

Cutting the middleman does not always work in online retail. Some retailers as Herrings, Pediwear or AFPOS add value to the purchase experience. I hope that AFPOS could start selling AS again, they do a magnific work.

Trusar

Reaction score

Trusar

Reaction score
all they have to do is have an order function on their website and link it to paypal.
Maybe Bowen has the last call on it?

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only boot from Alfred Sargent.

Model: Hannover
Colour: Brown grain
Sole: Commando, 360 welt

Note: As always AS on top with all the details (i.e. the pulling tab does not get stuck with the pants), the leather is excellent (soft but thick) and the last+pattern perfect. Initially I was not very happy due to the Commando sole, but today I just don't care about the sole, this boots are awsome. Pediwear still has some in stock, highly recommendable.

IMG_9810.JPG
IMG_9812.JPG
IMG_9813.JPG
IMG_9814.JPG

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only boot from Alfred Sargent.

Model: Hannover
Colour: Brown grain
Sole: Commando, 360 welt

Note: As always AS on top with all the details (i.e. the pulling tab does not get stuck with the pants), the leather is excellent (soft but thick) and the last+pattern perfect. Initially I was not very happy due to the Commando sole, but today I just don't care about the sole, this boots are awsome. Pediwear still has some in stock, highly recommendable.

View attachment 1373836 View attachment 1373838 View attachment 1373839 View attachment 1373840

I got a pair from AFPOS many ago. They are my favorite knock around boots. The pebble grain is pretty rugged and after over 6 years of rough wear, mine look worse for the wear compared to yours.

Pedlar

Reaction score
Pics of a trusty pair of Alfred Sargent Cambridge boots from a few evenings ago They’ve taken some hits but continue to be great — very comfortable, supportive, and dry when it’s wet out.
FE49D0A7-8EAE-44C9-B274-80F04DA204C7.jpeg

951C8956-02ED-4658-8F35-B72331621F86.jpeg

AA196946-BC09-42F8-9C3A-EA8D4809E65D.jpeg

Kieran99

Reaction score
Thinking of getting the Moore Cherry as my first pair of AS. In terms of fitting, I am a size 11 but my right foot is flatter and wider than my left so would it be best for me to order the 11.5? Heel fitting doesn't matter as I put in heel grips because my gait wears out the heel lining anyways. and is there any places which sell their shoes as I have only seen them on pediwear?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads