• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

WilYa

Reaction score
Is it country line? I dont recall any triple sole in country line couple of year ago, great stuff
Yes, I believe it is the Gibson model in the country line. Indeed very rare chunky leather soles, solid like a tank!

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
It must be! I miss the old days when you can buy Private White outerwears, Drakes shirts and A&S shoes in M&S!

I don’t really remember those days but I have seen a few AS and Cheaney for M&S shoes and couldn’t imagine that happening nowadays.

Really like those shoes you got though, brilliant find and I hope they were a bargain!

El Fede

Reaction score
Hello. I am considering getting a pair of Cambridge boots in the 87 last, I am unfamiliar with such last and was wondering if TTS is the way to go to wear with medium thick socks. Thank you in advance!

krspdla

Reaction score
Hello. I am considering getting a pair of Cambridge boots in the 87 last, I am unfamiliar with such last and was wondering if TTS is the way to go to wear with medium thick socks. Thank you in advance!

I wear my brannock size equivalent - 9UK for a 10D US foot. Where are you seeing Cambridge’s for sale?

El Fede

Reaction score
I wear my brannock size equivalent - 9UK for a 10D US foot. Where are you seeing Cambridge’s for sale?
Thanks! Skomaker Dagestad in Norway has both the Mahogany and the Rustic in stock, my guess is that they MTO and then resale.

One more question if you don't mind, what width feet do you have and how does the width of the boots feel?

krspdla

Reaction score
Thanks! Skomaker Dagestad in Norway has both the Mahogany and the Rustic in stock, my guess is that they MTO and then resale.

One more question if you don't mind, what width feet do you have and how does the width of the boots feel?
I’m on the wider side of D. My feet don’t feel constricted at any point of the shoe. Plenty of room in all directions. To my foot it feels similar to the 325 last from C&J.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw from the AM thread, AS back from the dead, new website, and taking mail orders online.

https://www.alfredsargent.co.uk/exclusive

Not sure if they burnt the bridge with their retailers back in 2018, no online retailer is stocking their shoes at the moment.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$685 is an interesting price. I remember when they were around $550.

bsarosi

Reaction score
$685 is an interesting price. I remember when they were around $550.

Per another member, it’s recommended to contact them about AS Exclusive for pricing. If in US, VAT is deducted so price is around $575 I believe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads