1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitedDx, Jun 11, 2012.

1. meister

meister Senior member

You wear Cherry Moores and they look so sharp that everyone comments favourably... but not everyone wants comments on their shoes. :nodding:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  2. Topaze

Topaze Well-Known Member

Oh, those shoes do get comments all right. Problem is, I firmly believe is that if a certain article of clothing (or the overall outfit) attracts attention, even in the form of compliments, then the person may not really be dressed well. Another problem is it's extremely hard not to attract attention while wearing anything better than glued shoes radiating their corrected grain glory in all directions (of, for that matter, even sneakers, indeed). If the baseline is very casual (in the worst sense) as it is, there is only so far one can go by trying to be dressed well without deviating too much from it, and good shoes tend to leave those boundaries pretty fast. Not as fast as ties and suits, of course, but still. Finding a balance is an undertaking in itself.

But I digress...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

How is the quality of AS suede compared to Alden or Carmina? Photos are unclear if it's buttery soft and I've never end handled them directly.

4. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Also, a shot of my two pairs of Alfred Sargent shoes.

Cherry Moore on the 724 from AFPOS and Black Hatton on the 106 from NMWA

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. JohnnyL

JohnnyL Member

How does AS 109/724 last instep compared to Carmina Forest/Simpson last instep?

I have a low instep and I'm planning to get either Moore or Hunt in Cherry/Mahaogany. Thank you.

6. Dembowski

Dembowski Senior member

Hello,

I have recently bought 3 pairs of AS shoes: Herring Charles II (last 109 size 7.5 - very tight fitting, but size 8 could be slightly to large) , Herring Drake (last 1966 size 8 - I assume size 7.5 would fit perfectly) and AS Cambridge (last 87 size 7.5 - good fit, especially that I plan to wear those shoes with ticker socks or insoles), in addition to Herring Morriarty (last 109 size 7.5 - very tight fitting, but size could be lose).

It allows me as well to makes small comparison of 109, 87, 1966 lasts. The longest one is 109>1966>87, but wide wise it is opposite 87>1966>109

I really like the quality and shape of AS lasts. Just to compete my collection I am considering AS Moore in Cherry and/or AS Ramsey in Oak Calf. I will try to post more pictures soon.

Today I was wearing my AS Cambridge for the first time

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. meister

meister Senior member

They would be classic additions from that maker IMHO

8. Dembowski

Dembowski Senior member

I have a lot of shoes made by other shoemakers like, Meermin, Loake, Cheaney, Yanko, Trickers and so on - if you need comparison pls let me know.

AS and Cheaney are my favorite shoe makers and probably the limit I will not cross. I know that it depends on the budget and other factors, but simply I am not abel to justify to pay for pair of shoes more the 400 GBP.

AS shoes are classy - great craftsman ship, very good leather, attention to details and very nice lasts.

9. Swede66

Swede66 Senior member

[​IMG]

10. loanshark

loanshark Senior member

I like those very much @Swede66 thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Dembowski

Dembowski Senior member

Quick pictures of my latest order of Herring Charles II, Herring Drake and AS Cambridge. Excellent shoes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. darkalleY2013

darkalleY2013 Member

The Herring Drakes look pretty cool !

13. Dembowski

Dembowski Senior member

I was thinking quite long about ordering them, but finally when i pulled the trigger, I can say that I was waiting too long. It is great pair of shoes. Highly recommended.

14. meister

meister Senior member

Herring Charles 2 has a nice vintage vibe.

15. Yowzer

Yowzer Senior member

Man... really digging that Oxblood Drake... Looks great!

16. Dembowski

Dembowski Senior member

Thank you so much for your nice comments.

17. Dembowski

Dembowski Senior member

This week I was wearing for the first time my Herring Morriarty. I am really with this purchase too
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  18. Northampton21

Northampton21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Been using my Hannover for 2 years now and love them!

19. Northampton21

Northampton21 Well-Known Member

Great choice of shoes n boots. Looking great!

20. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

PSA: code THANKYOU gets 20% off on all J Crew Alfred Sargents right now. I'm not sure if that's a mistake or not, but it's currently working.