1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitedDx, Jun 11, 2012.

1. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

Yup, some of the AS for Herring has all the details, but some of the others (like the Charles) does not.

All of them are still great models, just not ones I need right now. 2015 is the year of boots and loafers for me :D

2. OzWino

OzWino Well-Known Member

Same. Been trying to justify it to myself, but really should be checking out boots. Anything take your fancy at present?

3. meister

meister Well-Known Member

Herrings are going to restock with some great boots. I love the Moriarty.

4. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

Nothing specific from AS. I thought about picking up a Cambridge from AFPOS, but decided I probably won't wear it as often as I'd like. Loafer wise, I don't think I look that great in loafers, but have recognized that I probably need a pair or two for the Spring and Summer. I might go through Meermin, just because I can't quite justify $400~$500 for a seasonal shoe at the moment. I do like the AFPOS collection Jaime loafer, though.

They are pretty cool. I like the peak detail. If I decide to get a pair of black balmorals, I might have to consider these. The Milkshake and Pine is a funky color. I like the Holmes II, as well.

5. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

I have these and they are awesome! You won't regret the purchase. Really great boots!

6. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

I wanted to get them, but I have something similar. Looks like they are sold out through AFPOS anyway. Helps reaffirm the decision!

7. MDeKelver

MDeKelver Well-Known Member

Pediwear has a pretty good sale on now (click through the banner ad to support SF).

What are thoughts on Moore in Cherry? I would like a good pair of solid brown shoes for CBD. I have lots of blacks, then more brogues, monks, and wingtips all in brown. I was thinking of CJ Hallam or a standard Carmina brown cap. Hard to find the AS Armfield or similar in Mahogany. Cherry seems a bit bright for the office (to me). I am NOT in London FWIW.

M

8. Fred G. Unn

9. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

I have a pair. I work in NYC. They are a little loud, but not overly so. They are one of my favorite pairs. Beautiful shoes.

Haha yeah, I've been eyeing those, but my size has been out of stock for months. Suede on 724 is pretty interesting.

10. Fred G. Unn

They aren't going to carry AS anymore, so they won't be restocked unfortunately. :(

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

If you talk to Sarah and Julian @ AFPoS, even they don't have your size up on the web, maybe they have ways of obtaining them for you. In the past, this has been possible but you should ask if it is still the same now.

12. meister

meister Well-Known Member

Cherry Moores are a beautiful shoe and I constantly get compliments when I wear them.

13. saepnirg12

saepnirg12 Well-Known Member

Anyone experienced with the Exeter loafer? How do they run size-wise? For reference, I usually take an 8.5UK in AS lasts (99, 109).

14. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

S Exclusive for NMWA. Big thanks to @laufer

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

S Exclusive for NWMA Cambridge Snuff Suede derby boots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They arrived yesterday and make me smile when I look at them.

16. emiristol

emiristol Well-Known Member

Nice, I like the color. It's interesting to see the difference between shades of what different shoemakers call snuff.

17. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

Thanks - yeah, I know plus there's a number of different shades - sand, mushroom, snuff, tobacco, polo, chocolate and I'm sure I've missed a few in there as well!

18. heelguy

heelguy Well-Known Member

Those suede Cambridge boots are really nice. I am really tempted.

19. mct358

mct358 Active Member

My Alfred Sargent Edmonton's waiting for a chance to roundhouse-kick those baseball caps and beanies off those skateboarders heads.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    3 people like this.
  20. MGD83

MGD83 Well-Known Member

We all get old, but some of us never grow up :)

1 person likes this.