• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: 25% off everything at AFPOS with code LOYALTY25. For Sargents this includes free shipping and lasted trees! Just ordered the AS Moore in black for a total of £245.62 shipped with trees!!!

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fred, is that the price including the shoe trees? I just bought a pair of Pimlico derby shoes with trees and it doesn't look like the cost of the trees was deducted from my total. Rather, it looks like the code just took 25% off my whole order. I wrote AFPOS an email about this. Hopefully they can get this worked out.

Last edited:

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Yeah, I live in New Jersey. Seems like it's a system glitch or I got swindled. I'm hoping they refund the difference.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I live in New Jersey.

I'm in NJ too, and it worked fine. Maybe you have to be logged in or something since it was a "loyalty" code. I dunno. I'd contact them about a price correction. I've only had great experiences with AFPOS so I bet they fix it.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fred, is that the price including the shoe trees? I just bought a pair of Pimlico derby shoes with trees and it doesn't look like the cost of the trees was deducted from my total. Rather, it looks like the code just took 25% off my whole order. I wrote AFPOS an email about this. Hopefully they can get this worked out.

Isn't the shoe trees free? Included in the shoe price

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not ordered but it says 'shoe trees' but it did not specify lasted though. I know the AFPoS x AS and hand grade have lasted trees included with the shoes, other lines might just be for standard (non-lasted) trees. Julian is great and I'm sure can clarify.

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Yeah, this is true. I was an idiot and didn't realize this at first, so added a set of shoe trees to my cart on top of the pair of shoes. Entirely my fault. Sarah Nelson from AFPOS got back to me pretty quickly and refunded me the difference, though, so all is well. Great customer service and I will definitely do business with them in the future.

Last edited:

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the sizing for the 109-last and 99-last?

Also are there duty fees shipped to the US from AFPOS?

The following are my size for each brand

Meermin olfe - 8UK
Carmina simpson 8.5uk
AE - 5-last 9E
AE - Leeds, dunees 9D
Vass f-last 42

Last edited:

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How's the sizing for the 109-last and 99-last? 

Also are there duty fees shipped to the US from AFPOS? 

The following are my size for each brand

Meermin olfe - 8UK
Carmina simpson 8.5uk
AE - 5-last 9E
AE - Leeds, dunees 9D
Vass f-last 42

UK 8

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just wondered how is the fit on these? I fit 10.5 or 11 on most CJ lasts and 11 in EG
Thanks! They look great

Hi all - free lasted trees on AS Exclusive & Handgrade styles and our own cedar trees on everything else. Cooper are built on the 99 last, same as Ramsey so are moderate in length and width. You can always send me your foot length and width in cm and I can check against the internal measurements we have for the Cooper?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads