1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitedDx, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

I know you asked about black, but as a PSA the chestnut Moores are on sale at Bodileys if anyone is interested, as are a handful of other AS:
    http://www.bodileys.com/shoes.html?limit=30&manufacturer=7

2. rc121

rc121 Senior member

shipping to the US really kills that deal for us :(

3. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Nailed it. I wore them for the first time yesterday for 12 hours. So comfortable. Highly recommend them

4. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

25GBP is a deal killer?
    I'd say the fact it's only 10% off is the real deal killer although they do take off VAT.

5. rc121

rc121 Senior member

where do you see £25? Shows £60 for me...

6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

http://www.bodileys.com/terms
    OUTSIDE EUROPE Order value from £150 - £300 - £ 20 shipping charge
    Order value from £300 - £500 - £25 shipping charge
    Order value from £500 upwards - £30 shipping charge
    All orders under a value of £150 - £ 15 shipping charge

7. rc121

rc121 Senior member

ah... disregard then. I was mistakenly thinking when I selected location that was the shipping charge when it was actually subtracting the VAT. A little confusing but I got it now

8. wurger

wurger Senior member

Keep in mind that AFPOS includes lasted trees with free shipping, a big difference.

2 people like this.
  9. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

AFPoS also sometimes gives a nice "surprise" present! :)

I believe the lasted trees are with the AFPoS x AS shoes whereas the Exclusives have regular trees (someone might be able a mor reliable source thought).

Free shipping is big... not to mention they have FAST shipping...

10. wurger

wurger Senior member

Nah, the 393 exclusive pound shoes have lasted trees, the 300 pound country shoes have the regular trees.

11. pbmonk

pbmonk Member

I just got a pair of the two eyelet Gibson from Sid Mashburn size 8 on the 99 last and it feels great- everywhere except my middle toe. Standing there is no problem, by when I walk and flex my foot my middle toe gets crushed by the end of the shoe. I could never have discerned this from a simple in-store try on, I had to wear them one day so I couldn't return them and find out the hard way... Has anyone had similar problems with the 99 last? Does the shoe narrow in a drastic and unusual manner? I am tempted to sell and purchase a half size up, but I dot even know if that would circumvent this problem. Maybe it will get better after breaking in? Any help would be appreciated.
    With that being said, anyone looking for a size 8 in black hit me up. I could use an 8.5 I think.

12. Itsuo

Itsuo Senior member

If it's extremely painful I would say sell them. However my experience with my AFPoS MTO Blakes and G&Gs was that I had a few different pinches and pains during the break in period. They've all passed and now my AS Blakes are one of my most comfortable. I would just do the normal things like wearing them in moderate frequency and duration, with an adequate break in between but not more than 2-3 days (so that any of the places that were rubbing/pinching get a chance to toughen up).

It's a bit of a gamble I guess but one thing I do is take the shoes for "walks" the first few weeks I have them, usually at night and in galoshes. This way I do the minimum amount of damage during initial break in. They won't be in returnable condition but they'll at least look barely used.

Good luck!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  13. ers04004

ers04004 Well-Known Member

how did you size for the francis? I have the hunt and armfield on the 109 but never tried the 48 last

14. wurger

wurger Senior member

I believe you would take the same size on 48 as on 109

15. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Stay the same size. Moore Monday: [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. wurger

wurger Senior member

Looking sharp, mate

17. barky

barky Senior member

I have both the 109 and the 48. You should stay the same size unless the 109 is very snug on you as the 48 is a tighter fit at the ball than the 109.

18. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Hey guys. I have been doing some research and eying up the AS Country Cambridge boots and I read some sizing comparisons to other AS boots and Carmina, but I don't own any of those. Could anyone with Alden Barrie Last, Allen Edmonds, Loake, Grenson, Trickers experience care to share some sizing comparisons to those brands? I am a UK 7 f fitting in Grenson and Loake, 7.5 UK Trickers 5 fitting, 8D Alden Barrie last, 8.5D in most Allen Edmonds for reference.

Thanks in advance, love the boots but want to get informed some more on sizing before jumping in.

19. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Get same size as Tricker's and half size down fro Barrie.

20. Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho Member

hello gentlemen,

quick question. for those that are familiar with aldens, i am traditionally a 9 on the barrie last, but am looking at the double monk on the jcrew website on an 87 last. Can anyone help clarify what size i should order from the website (US Sizing) thank you