• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How many Alfred Sargent threads are out there?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DAMN! I was so hoping those were going to be just a smidge too large for you! :brick: :D
They look GGGRRRREEEEAAAATTTT!

Thanks! I thought shell boots would be too hot down south? :slayer:

For a boot, I think they are a nice fit. Just a tad roomier than EG's 82/888 which for me are better more fitted for shoes.

PiedBeau

Reaction score
Disco xmas party !

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! I thought shell boots would be too hot down south? :slayer:
For a boot, I think they are a nice fit. Just a tad roomier than EG's 82/888 which for me are better more fitted for shoes.

Well, yeah - for all but maybe two or three months of year. But those would be worth having.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How many Alfred Sargent threads are out there?
There is another AS thread that is for 'Handgrades' but I'm not that much of a high roller so I started this one for to also include Exclusives, Premier, and their other makings :embar:
AS53 last. :slayer:
Would really like to see a comparison of the AS 53, 724, EG's 888, and G&G's TG73 toebox! :slayer: I know NAMOR put up a nice 724 vs. 888 comparison. Rainy/snowy shoes: Fordham (89)
8322215273_96f94066be_n.jpg

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PiedBeau

Reaction score

Deeds on the fabric of trouser? Seeking to get a couple lengths for FU projects.

Nothing high end, really.
French brand called Ugo Baldini, they have 2 shops in Paris. I dont think you can find them anywhere else.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from WAYWRN: Alfred Sargent Connaught
8379577541_6aa872144f.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads