ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitedDx, Jun 11, 2012.

1. MRMstl

MRMstl Senior member

Thanks for all the feedback guys. For the record, the groom will be wearing burgundy Carmina adelaides (my wedding gift to him) and a similar MTM BB 3 piece suit. So, I def won't be outdressing him. The main issue is...are dark brown suede shoes appropriate for a groomsman? Sounds like we have a mixed bag. Thanks for all your replies.

EDIT: The wedding is labor day weekend, Aug 31 in Cleveland.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  2. tcideneb

tcideneb Well-Known Member

Hanks
    Not at all chunky. It has a nice assymetric shape, classic but sleek and elegant IMO. Not a great pic, but....http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/860049/width/200/height/400[/IMG[QUOTE="Swede66, post: 6425963, member: 0"]
    Not at all chunky. It has a nice assymetric shape, classic but sleek and elegant IMO. Not a great pic, but....[IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/860049/width/200/height/400[/QUOTE]

Thanks

3. tcideneb

Thanks, nice shot!

4. MWhite1244

MWhite1244 New Member

New here but I'd figured I'd give you guys a heads up and make some contribution instead of lurking since the forum has helped so much.

J Lindeberg in NY has a 30% discount on all Alfred Sargent shoes. They end up right under $500 before tax.

Sales guy was named Jonathan and was pretty knowledgable on the brand. I got the brown single monk and they're the 99 last. He said if I knew anyone out of state that might be interested in em that they can email the store at [email protected] and he can ship out.

I'm not getting anything out of this so I hope it's ok to post, it was a good deal and I figured it won't hurt to pass along.

Here's a pic I took of their selection.
    [​IMG]

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

You found a good deal, thanks for the heads up

6. wurger

wurger Senior member

7. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Surprised to hear J. Lindeberg carries AS... who would have thought. I guess with Herring, J. Crew, and other brands I shouldn't be surprised who Chay has been collaborating with.

Pimlico looks great! I much like them on the 109 compared to the 106 which I think they might have been made on some time ago; I think they were Gdot's. Come to think of it, I wonder how he's doing. Haven't seen him on for a while.

This is probably more a credit to Springline than AS but I have to say the double barrel and 3 piece shoe trees are excellent! Lasted are definitely better than the 1 size fits all of C&J and EG.

8. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Very nice, I need a pair of these. Barney's has temporarily derailed my AS ambitions :)

9. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Apparently collaborating with everyone and everything but our MTOs from October of last year. :freeze:

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

11. tcideneb

Hi, where's the best place to by AS shoes? I know a fine pair of shoes stock them but any others to recommend within UK?

Thanks

12. ElementHU

ElementHU Senior member

13. fcarsenal85

fcarsenal85 Member

Received my AS Moore in Oxblood from AFPOS, they were fantastic to deal with!

The shoes itself are gorgeous. More brown than I would have expected, look forward to polish them with saphir's burgundy wax to give it a little reddish tint.

Will try to post some pictures in the coming days!

14. heelguy

heelguy Senior member

I highly recommend AFPOS. Ordered my Moores in Cherry Sunday morning and got my package Tuesday in DC with a couple of goodies thrown in. Amazing deal and service.

15. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Don't forget, besides they're on sale at AFPOS.

But yes great service, as I also got mine within a matter of a couple of days.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013