• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.

JackH

Reaction score
Is it also on 99F or a different last/width?
Yes it's on the 99F last.

I have a low instep and therefore I had to use the last eyelet on the buckles. Wearing regular cotton business socks also helped fill out any remaining gaps.

Last edited:

LThomsen

Reaction score
Any Sizing advice for the 53 f last?
Size down one size from US 11 D?

corpseposeur

Reaction score
I recently found a pair of Alfred Sargent black cap-toe oxfords on eBay. I think they are my favorite pair of dress shoes. Just to confirm, is Paul Sargent the "correct" continuation of the classic AS brand as opposed to the Alfred Sargent brand?

brotherender

Reaction score
I recently found a pair of Alfred Sargent black cap-toe oxfords on eBay. I think they are my favorite pair of dress shoes. Just to confirm, is Paul Sargent the "correct" continuation of the classic AS brand as opposed to the Alfred Sargent brand?
I'd say so. The same patterns, lasts, standards, production site, family.

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
Posting in this thread for the first time.

This is the Alfred Sargent Ramsey double monk in coffee. Bought these 3 years ago in South Korea at a store called Unipair and sat in my wardrobe all these years, so I was really keen to dust it off and show it here in all its glory.

Enjoy!

View attachment 1688107 View attachment 1688108
Very very nice.

This model has been elusive to me and when I was ready to make the purchase I stopped due to my preference for big welts (I tend to kick stairs so the welt acts as a bumper). Can you share some close pictures of the welts? Best regards

corpseposeur

Reaction score
I'd say so. The same patterns, lasts, standards, production site, family.
I just placed an order for some Chelsea boots from Paul last week. He's going to make me a pair based on my Sid Mashburn last but my left foot at US9 1/2 and my right foot at US 10 to accommodate my differently sized feet. I'm very excited by how it will turn out

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found these on ebay. Seller states they are a UK 8 but since it says 8 D on the inside it looks like US sizing to me.

Can anyone confirm? I have never seen a UK D width before, which must be very narrow?

View attachment 1699250

View attachment 1699251
I have bought all of my AS in UK sizes through AFPOS. But, I did buy a pair of Brooks Brothers Peal and Co., made by AS. It still had the hand written sizing/last and model information. Honestly that's how I knew they were AS and not C&J, Church's, or Loake - I think all of them used to make for BB Peal and Co. Only EG used to be separately listed as the original brand and not rebranded as Peal and Co. I have never seen a pair of AS without hand written information.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have bought all of my AS in UK sizes through AFPOS. But, I did buy a pair of Brooks Brothers Peal and Co., made by AS. It still had the hand written sizing/last and model information. Honestly that's how I knew they were AS and not C&J, Church's, or Loake - I think all of them used to make for BB Peal and Co. Only EG used to be separately listed as the original brand and not rebranded as Peal and Co. I have never seen a pair of AS without hand written information.
I don't doubt these are AS (last 87 is printed also), it's just that I'm not sure if this pair is US or UK sized.

They used to print the model information like this by the way, before the exclusive and handgrade range. I have a few older pairs which have that also.

brotherender

Reaction score
I don't doubt these are AS (last 87 is printed also), it's just that I'm not sure if this pair is US or UK sized.

They used to print the model information like this by the way, before the exclusive and handgrade range. I have a few older pairs which have that also.
I'm pretty sure this will be US 8D, which should translate to UK 7.5F.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alfred Sargent as Peal and Co. for Brooks Brothers. I'm very strongly considering converting these from dainite to leather or double leather. I find dainite uncomfortable and I want these to be my travel boots - all of my Aldens have a metal shank and set off metal detectors, so TSA precheck loses a lot of value traveling with them.

IMG_7388.jpeg

emptym

Reaction score
Have you considered crepe? I have a pair (AS for BB chukkas) and they're supper comfortable. Almost the same as running shoes.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.