• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
I will be placing an order for Brunswick burgundy. although i emailed - no response and called - no response. guys must be busy...

Kaolin

Reaction score
Any idea of how the new lasts will fit? Compared for exemple to 99 or AS24?

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
don't know why buit haven't been this excited for a shoe brand launch in a while. i know a lot of shoe enthus. were excited about a lot of the chinese brands and for good reason but damn sargent shoes is back from the ashes!!!

Camerashy

Reaction score
My first forey into PS so please help me with sizing on the 53F Last or is it all new to go
Have Cheaney in UK10 and Loakes in UK 9.5 so should I go with the latter

Last edited:

JJohnson02

Reaction score
Do people generally size down or go TTS on the 87 last?

I'm planning on getting some Alfred Sargent Cambridges. I'm pretty squarely a 9UK. My instinct is to go 9UK (TTS) and I can always use an insole if needs be, but I know some people find boots a little roomy and would recommend going 8.5UK.

I tried on the George Cleverley Taron (same last) in an 8.5UK and it was fine, but a little snug in a couple places (nothing major), and it's hard to know if that will go as the footbed softens.

Pedlar

Reaction score

I'm planning on getting some Alfred Sargent Cambridges. I'm pretty squarely a 9UK. My instinct is to go 9UK (TTS) and I can always use an insole if needs be, but I know some people find boots a little roomy and would recommend going 8.5UK.
I went TTS on mine and am glad I did.

brotherender

Reaction score

I tried on the George Cleverley Taron (same last) in an 8.5UK and it was fine, but a little snug in a couple places (nothing major), and it's hard to know if that will go as the footbed softens.
TTS. Taron was made in E width hence snug. I wear my Cambridge in my usual 7 and it's just great with an insole. I don't think I'd fit into 6.5, though. With Taron being just a bit snug fit you, I'd go for the same size with Cambridge, though. It should be a tad more forgiving. And it will break in in time.

Last edited:

brotherender

Reaction score
My first forey into PS so please help me with sizing on the 53F Last or is it all new to go
Have Cheaney in UK10 and Loakes in UK 9.5 so should I go with the latter
I'd go half a size up as 53F may be on a slightly narrower side compared to Exclusive line lasts. It's a handgrade last, after all, so no surprises.

JackH

Reaction score
Posting in this thread for the first time.

This is the Alfred Sargent Ramsey double monk in coffee. Bought these 3 years ago in South Korea at a store called Unipair and sat in my wardrobe all these years, so I was really keen to dust it off and show it here in all its glory.

Enjoy!

Shoes1.jpg
Shoes2.jpg

brotherender

Reaction score
Posting in this thread for the first time.

This is the Alfred Sargent Ramsey double monk in coffee. Bought these 3 years ago in South Korea at a store called Unipair and sat in my wardrobe all these years, so I was really keen to dust it off and show it here in all its glory.

Enjoy!

View attachment 1688107 View attachment 1688108
Is it also on 99F or a different last/width?

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.