• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.

Trusar

Reaction score
Wearing my Moore's in burgundy (courtesy of AFPOS) today
View attachment 1403997
View attachment 1403998

They came to me with a beautiful shine, but for some reason the hue wasn't convincing me, so last week I stripped them from any polish with pure orange oil and a rag. This removed a lot of brown polish and left them in all the glory of their original colour. I used Saphir 'Hermes red' to further enhance their reddish cast and now am a happy man.
You might guess I like red shoes ...
Orange oil? What does that do to leather, clean it?

Last edited:

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gave a try to pure orange oil: you know, the kind you can buy in small bottles for €€€ (mine was on special discount though).
I put some drops of it on a rag and rubbed the toecap ... magic, the white cloth turned to brown, evident sign that it was removing something.
We know that Pure Polish (ex GlenKaren) uses as a solvent something extracted from oranges, and I find it's one of the best polishes on the market. Therefore I decided to try with orange oil and am happy with the result, as it removed just the wax on my shoes without affecting the leather.
Then I had to give my shoes a full day to dry out before applying Saphir cream (as I wanted the added tint it provides), but it was worth the effort.
Hope this helps.

Trusar

Reaction score
I gave a try to pure orange oil: you know, the kind you can buy in small bottles for €€€ (mine was on special discount though).
I put some drops of it on a rag and rubbed the toecap ... magic, the white cloth turned to brown, evident sign that it was removing something.
We know that Pure Polish (ex GlenKaren) uses as a solvent something extracted from oranges, and I find it's one of the best polishes on the market. Therefore I decided to try with orange oil and am happy with the result, as it removed just the wax on my shoes without affecting the leather.
Then I had to give my shoes a full day to dry out before applying Saphir cream (as I wanted the added tint it provides), but it was worth the effort.
Hope this helps.
Good to know thanks
I think you mean " pure essential oil of orange".
Put some pics of before and after, thanks

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami