1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitedDx, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Luigi_M

Luigi_M Distinguished Member

That's exactly my experience!

2. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Senior Member

3. BXpress

BXpress Senior Member

Many thanks.

4. thesartorialistbanker

thesartorialistbanker Well-Known Member

5. patliean1

patliean1 Distinguished Member

3.5 years old.
    IMG_9852.JPG

6. zephs

zephs Well-Known Member

Hello,

I love AS, and I just got these for a ridiculous price : Hoggs of Fife by Afred Sargent, 7WK last.

[​IMG]

I like the last, very confortable.

7. thuhoan

thuhoan Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Im about to pull the trigger on the Moore, in cherry. Carmina Simpson in 7UK and C&J 348 in 6.5UK are my best fit. Carmina Rain in 7UK is too voluminous for my flat feet. Which size do you recommend? Or is the 724 last not for me?

8. ShooIn

ShooIn Senior Member

I wear the same size for my C&J 348 and AS 724. The front of the 724 and 348 are similar, and less voluminous than the Rain . More room in the toebox in the 724. UK 6.5 would be my advice. Left to right: Rain (ignore Cheaney tree!), 724, 348 (all in UK 6, and each comfortable for me)

IMG_1320.jpg IMG_1318.jpg

9. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior Member

Since it appears that AS is dropping thier country line now maybe the time to spring for a Hannover or Lombard boot. Can anyone give me some info on these last. I’m trying to find out if they are voluminous as I have an issue with say the truckers Stowe last....thanks

10. brotherender

brotherender Active Member

Hannover, last 87, pleasantly voluminous. I have wide feet and I still wear them in my normal size even with a felt insole for those freezing days. Lombard, last 7wk, even more voluminous. Definitely worth going half a size down.

11. flylikeneagle

flylikeneagle Senior Member

I've owned both and recommend Hannover over Lombard. I wear Hannover TTS but had sized 0.5 size down on Lombard. It had generous volume but I found it a tad too short at that size. I think getting my brannock size would've worked. I ended up selling them unworn. My Hannovers are my go to boots in wet weather. I agree with brotherender's assessment of the 87 last - surprisingly generous ( but still an elegant last). Took me a little time to get used to the boots but now I find them very comfortable. I got them @ 25% off during AFPOS summer sale, great bang for the $.

12. brotherender

@flylikeneagle I've been kicking myself for having lost that opportunity with Hannover boots. The Cambridge pair I had bought from AFPOS has been a dream to wear but it took me to long to realize I needed another one on last 87. I fully agree the last is elegant, which is why I've been trying to source Hannover boots to make up for my indecisiveness.

13. flylikeneagle

flylikeneagle Senior Member

I think pediwear is offering AS country collection at 15% discount at the moment as part of their winter sale. I think it's worth a look.

14. brotherender

Thank you. Alas, they're out of Hannover in my size.

15. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior Member

So would you all recommend a Hannover TTS? I’m little concerned since my feet skew to the narrow sided for us D width