• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

Swede66

Reaction score

Anyone have experience with the Pimlico on the 109 last from AFPOS?

I also noticed that all AS shoes are in F width, do AS shoes seem particularly wider than other english brands in the same size?

F is standard width, and the same as for example C&J's E width.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/SPOILER]

I ordered a pair from Pediwear since they were giving away a free set of lasted shoe trees. They don't have my size in stock, but hopefully the factory will. Either way can't beat the price for these beauties.

I do think it's a bit odd that the Alfred Sargent website doesn't list these.

Thanks again for the sizing advice. Ordering a size down in the UK size from my US size should work just fine.

Cheers,

Dan
Just received an email that my shoes are on the way. Not bad considering they had to get them from the factory.

Also Pediwear said besides the free shoe trees they were sending a free tin of polish and shoe horn.

Looking forward to recieving my first pair of Alfred Sargents.

Last edited:

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have experience with the Pimlico on the 109 last from AFPOS?

I also noticed that all AS shoes are in F width, do AS shoes seem particularly wider than other english brands in the same size?

AS's F is the same as C&J's E fitting - also worth noting that we have had a range of finely crafted AS belts made in the same leather as the AS Exclusives shoes and any purchases over £300 get one free!

These belts are made for us by one of the best leather belt companies in England and feature hand stitching and two keepers.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received an email that my shoes are on the way. Not bad considering they had to get them from the factory.

Also Pediwear said besides the free shoe trees they were sending a free tin of polish and shoe horn.

Looking forward to recieving my first pair of Alfred Sargents.

Nice deal, I am thinking of getting a pair.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice deal, I am thinking of getting a pair.
I've been considering getting a pair of Chukkas for awhile.

I was actually looking at a pair of CJ's that Ben Silver was selling for the longest time until I saw these. I think the AS Radwells look quite a bit better, and I have read that the AS Exclusives are better than C&Js benchgrade shoes.

It's amazing but the Radwells' actually cost more than any of the C&J chukkas when purchased in England, however they cost $200 less with tress when purchased from the UK than Ben Silver is selling the C&J chukkas and shoe trees for.

Swede66

Reaction score

I've been considering getting a pair of Chukkas for awhile.

I was actually looking at a pair of CJ's that Ben Silver was selling for the longest time until I saw these. I think the AS Radwells look quite a bit better, and I have read that the AS Exclusives are better than C&Js benchgrade shoes.

It's amazing but the Radwells' actually cost more than any of the C&J chukkas when purchased in England, however they cost $200 less with tress when purchased from the UK than Ben Silver is selling the C&J chukkas and shoe trees for.

And they are most certainly better than C&J benchgrade. Actually very close to the Handgrade line in my oppinion and I own several pairs of both brands.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And they are most certainly better than C&J benchgrade. Actually very close to the Handgrade line in my oppinion and I own several pairs of both brands.

Same here!
I'm kind of surprised there isn't a bit more Luv for the AS brand here.

However it appears as it wasn't until 2009 when they made the changes to the brand which have made their Exclusive line so good.

I've been looking to get a pair of AS shoes for awhile and when I saw the Radwells I figured it was about time.

The other two which I have some interest in would be the Ramsey or the Miller.

The MTO Miller in Cognac Shell and I believe dark oak would be the one I would get.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like Sargent is cannibalizing their own Exclusive line by producing the same shoes for Herring. Makes little sense to me. But, it definitely explains why our MTO Exclusives from AFPOS are taking well beyond their scheduled delivery date.

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2013/05/herring-alfred-sargent-1966-collection.html#comment-form
I just surprised they aren't more available here in the States.

I'm just glad it looks like they are trying to expand and do more business somewhere.

I hope this works well for them.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Just received them today. AS Radwells.
Awesome! I ordered a pair from Pediwear as well thanks to your post regarding the free shoe tree offer. Mine appears to have been shipped out today. May I ask how long the transit was for yours (assuming you're in the US)? You've mentioned that these are your first pair of AS. What's your initial opinion on them?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I ordered a pair from Pediwear as well thanks to your post regarding the free shoe tree offer. Mine appears to have been shipped out today. May I ask how long the transit was for yours (assuming you're in the US)?

You've mentioned that these are your first pair of AS. What's your initial opinion on them?
They didn't have my size in stock so they had to get them from the factory. I ordered them on a Saturday and they attempted delivery on the following Saturday, but I was not home. Because yesterday was Memorial Day I was unable to pick them up at the Post Office until today. I would say that's pretty good since I live in the States.

My initial impressions are quite favorable. They look great, and it appears as they are constructed real well.

I was rather surprised but very happy to be offered a 10% discount and free shipping on all future purchases of AS shoes from Pediwear. This excludes special offers of course.

Last edited:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Awesome! I ordered a pair from Pediwear as well thanks to your post regarding the free shoe tree offer. Mine appears to have been shipped out today. May I ask how long the transit was for yours (assuming you're in the US)?

You've mentioned that these are your first pair of AS. What's your initial opinion on them?

They didn't have my size in stock so they had to get them from the factory. I ordered them on a Saturday and they attempted delivery on the following Saturday, but I was not home. Because yesterday was Memorial Day I was unable to pick them up at the Post Office until today. I would say that's pretty good since I live in the States.

My initial impressions are quite favorable. They look great, and it appears as they are constructed real well.

I was rather surprised but very happy to be offered a 10% discount and free shipping on all future purchases of AS shoes from Pediwear.  This excludes special offers of course.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Looking forward to maybe receiving the Radwells this week.:slayer:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Looking forward to maybe receiving the Radwells this week.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
No problem, let us know how it goes.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I think I will enjoy mine.

Cheers,

Dan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads