• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

thesartorialistbanker

Reaction score
Alfred Sargent double monks
14569F30-9034-478E-A59D-8DB65B4AAA79.jpeg
B6213DDA-26E9-4F91-B6B2-3A5D3F1B8306.jpeg

56D811FD-851E-4E4D-BC85-7FAC4A271DB4.jpeg

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think perhaps Cheaney due to how the soles are done

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jssdc

Reaction score

I think perhaps Cheaney due to how the soles are done

I put my money on Crockett & Jones given price ange and expected specifications. The numbers don't add up for other makers. AS handgrade is no more, Cheaney Imperial cost less.

My money is also on C&J given that the nail pattern matches the C&J Handgrade models that I have, and is markedly different from AS. Nice looking boot - I’ll be looking out for them next BB sale.

kbuzz

Reaction score
View attachment 907304 As of yesterday, I have now joined the AS family by welcoming both the Hannover and Cambridge onto my feet. I looked at boots from many different makers and decided that both of these best fit the criteria for what I was looking for. Regarding fit, I am a US 8.5D and struggled with deciding between a 7 and 7.5. I ended up ordering the 7, as my goal was to wear these with dress socks rather than thicker socks. Out of the box, they fit snug, but not tight. Very pleased with both the fit and finish.

This post is just flat out gorgeous

Makes it very hard for me to consider a $170 resole for my CJ connistons.

ranchsooner

Reaction score
This post is just flat out gorgeous

Makes it very hard for me to consider a $170 resole for my CJ connistons.
I looked really hard at the Conniston going in, and thought that is what I would end up with. In the end though, just couldn’t justify the extra $200, especially considering the harsh winters I face living in MN.

kbuzz

Reaction score
I looked really hard at the Conniston going in, and thought that is what I would end up with. In the end though, just couldn’t justify the extra $200, especially considering the harsh winters I face living in MN.

They are great boots, the quality and craftsmanship is something you can feel every time you but a new pair of AS is Only 100 to 150more than a resole.
I’m no mathematician but the value delta starts to lean towards the Sargent. Particularly since I keep hearing great things about their quality as well

kbuzz

Reaction score

They are great boots, the quality and craftsmanship is something you can feel every time you but a new pair of AS is Only 100 to 150more than a resole.
I’m no mathematician but the value delta starts to lean towards the Sargent. Particularly since I keep hearing great things about their quality as well

muddy250

Reaction score

I can vouch for the quality. I've tried on Conistons and have to say the leather was nowhere near as supple as the Cambridge. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of CnJ but in this instance I think the Cambridge a better choice by far.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@muddy250 ... One might forever discuss if "less is more".
What will be always true is that Moore is more! :cool2:
Beautiful shine, BTW. Luigi.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads