• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Charlton from the exclusive or country collection? Afpos says country but the AS site said exclusive. I like the suede ones a lot

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the suede version on dainite. The picture went up the day mine shipped out, and they're my size, so I believe those pictured on the AFPOS site are my actual shoes.

The insole says Exclusive, but AS was reworking their lines when they barred AFPOS from shipping exclusives and I think they created the country distinction for anything on dainite or commando soles, along with grained leathers.

It's up to Exclusive standards. The suede is very rich, the stitching even, and the finishing very clean. The waist is very well worked for a shoe on dainite.

Last edited:

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:slayer:

Hooray!!

Any special orders planned? Am enjoying the shell Miller boot we worked out last year.

When is the restock on the Radwell Brown hatch grain in a 9.5 expected?

Thanks!

Two weeks time there should be more stock coming to us!

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Curious about the color of these shoes and boots. How close are these photos to real life? They look like they lean a tad orange here. Is that the case?

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/sale-price-asc/products/alfred-sargent-dumfries

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/sale-price-asc/products/alfred-sargent-appleby

Pretty spot on actually - they are made using the same leather Trickers call C shade. The leather is actually treated with a waterproof layer to help these country classic to withstand the rigours of hunting, shooting and fishing and anything else you feel like doing in them.

Stunning quality for this price - these are the last of these and will not be repeated as we have the last of this stock!!!!!!!!!!!

ascher07

Reaction score
I have a pair of the Sid Mashburn double monks, which I've been led to believe are just a rebranded Alfred Sargent Ramsey, in a size 12 US that fit perfectly.
Well, I'm looking to expand into other AS shoes directly, and I was just curious, what size is that in UK sizing? A full 1 down to 11UK or just a half to 11.5UK?
Thanks so much.

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Typically the sizing between US and UK is between 1/2 and 1 size down - if you like, you can send your foot size and to us we will advise further for you.

twinpeaks

Reaction score
Is there any place in England - retail shops / factory shop - where it is possible to actually handle the AS higher grade shoes ( I am afraid I am not up to date with the differences/ nomenclature associated with Exclusive vs Handgrade etc) and try them on?

Many Thanks
Bump

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of Charltons on the 99 last. From reading this thread it seems that I should size down 1/2 from my US size. My TTS is US-9D (Alden Plaza 9D, Alden Barrie 8.5D, Carmina UK8, etc), is it a good bet to go with UK-8.5F on the Charlton?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe the HG are typically MTO; however, some retailers would probably have samples of them but not carry a typical selection.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of Charltons on the 99 last. From reading this thread it seems that I should size down 1/2 from my US size. My TTS is US-9D (Alden Plaza 9D, Alden Barrie 8.5D, Carmina UK8, etc), is it a good bet to go with UK-8.5F on the Charlton?

My 99 are the same as my Alden Barrie (.5 down US).

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score
Any updates on the delivery of the Milton and Blake MTOs? It seems that you folks avoiding the subject.
Thanks,

ascher07

Reaction score

Typically the sizing between US and UK is between 1/2 and 1 size down - if you like, you can send your foot size and to us we will advise further for you.

Well, I'm a narrow 12US on Alden Barrie last, an 10.5UK in Carmina's Inca last, and 12 US in Sargent 99 last.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

My 99 are the same as my Alden Barrie (.5 down US).

Thanks for this information!

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics