1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitedDx, Jun 11, 2012.

1. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

How does 724 compare to CJ 348?

2. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

More squared off and less pointy. I've sold off all of my 348/58's but one, and we're I to rebuy would do so in 7.5 rather than 8.5. I just started wearing a pair of 724 but 8 seems perfect so far.

3. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

Maiden voyage (from the day before yesterday) on burgundy Moore's from AFPOS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

So more room in toebox in same size?

5. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

I have slightly wider than average feet and would say the 724, although quite tapered, is wide at the joint, tight in the waist and elongated enough that it works. I bought my usual 7 and used stretchers a couple of times but I usually have to do this anyway. A half size larger may have worked but then I'd have likely ended up with heel slip and the crease running into the toe cap. They are very comfortable all day wear shoes for me, like a pair of gloves even tho I don't have toe wiggle room.

The 109 has an almond toe, a little roomier in width and toe box and the 7 fit me out of the box.
    Depending on your instep and the fit at the waist which is beautifully snug for me, a slender foot may need a 1/2 size down or an insole.

But normal width feet should fit in either of these without any issues. I'd compare the 109 to C&J 341 for fit even if the 341 is a little longer.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  6. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Great! Enjoy them! What a great shoe!

1 person likes this.
  7. rakuskus

rakuskus Member

@clee1982 Hi, I have the alfred sargent moore and cj westbourne. I would say the 724 is boxier and have higher arch, and the size that suit me also different. I wear 10,5 E for cj and 10F for moore

clee1982 likes this.