• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

Dembowski

Reaction score
I really like Cambridge in Mahogany, but I need to wait few weeks before I buy anything new

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous footwear here. How can I get them to make me an Oxford in G width?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Am also curious although I believe we want H width, as F is standard for AS

Ah yes, that's right. I forgot that they're different from EG and CJ.

Dembowski

Reaction score
Both pairs arrived, and both are really nice!!!
Highly recommend Moore in Chestnut!

@Northampton21 - thank you very much for your pictures and comments about AS Radwell in Oak - I am really happy about my decision. It is amazing pair of shoes.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can get them made, but the minimum order with AS is 10 pairs - have you tried the 7WK last, this is an FX ( F+ 1/2 width)?

Yeah, I doubt we could get 10 people to order H widths for something as boring as what I'm after (dark brown stitch or punch cap).

You and I have actually spoken in your own thread, I'm definitely a full extra wide (H in Vass and Bonafe, EEE in Carmina, Alden, and Allen Edmonds).

Thanks for giving us the info, though.

I don't suppose they would do a one off? If it were something basic?

Northampton21

Reaction score

I fully agree with you - leather on Radwell is really nice!!!!

Yes Dembowski, I only realised how amazing this shoe was after seeing it myself. I'm glad the pictures abs advice helped you as sometimes it's a big decision!
Seeing the new Radwells and trying them on made me realise how different they are compared to the hatch grain model..

Dembowski

Reaction score
Completely different from Hatch. As you described it earlier - looks like completely 2 different pair of shoes

Jim Profit

Reaction score
Hi

Is it possible to make a Group MTO here on styleforum for a pair of Alfred Sargent shoes from A Fine Pair of Shoes? How many shoes must be sold in order to create a group MTO in the exclusive line and what would the price be? You are also running a campaign where you give free world wide shipping and lasted shoe trees for free, is this also applicable at a Group MTO?

I was thinking if this is a model that is possible to do. An Adelaide in dark burgundy on the 104 last or 48 last (The picture is from AS Blake)

I'm looking for a dark burgundy such as Vass Oxblood or Gaziano & Girling Vintage Rioja.

Is this a shoe my fellow SF user would like to see?, add your comments below!!

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi

Is it possible to make a Group MTO here on styleforum for a pair of Alfred Sargent shoes from A Fine Pair of Shoes? How many shoes must be sold in order to create a group MTO in the exclusive line and what would the price be? You are also running a campaign where you give free world wide shipping and lasted shoe trees for free, is this also applicable at a Group MTO?

I was thinking if this is a model that is possible to do. An Adelaide in dark burgundy on the 104 last or 48 last (The picture is from AS Blake)

I'm looking for a dark burgundy such as Vass Oxblood or Gaziano & Girling Vintage Rioja.

Is this a shoe my fellow SF user would like to see?, add your comments below!!

I just bought the Moore in burgundy. I had been asking for something more unique for years, but when AFPoS put out the Moore in burgundy I was all in right away. A few years ago we did the Blake in burnished Oak on a choice of lasts. I got the 48. It's a nice shoe, but I actually like the 724 last better. I think the shoe would have looked better without a cap and with a medallion on the toe. That would have been awesome.

The ones you pictured are not the standard Blake. The Blake is a shortwing austerity brogue adelaide. Seems the one you posted has no toe cap or heel counter.

Plain toe G&G

Custom G&G

My Blake and stock photo

My Moores

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads