1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alfred Dunhill in Saks 5th Ave

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by boston, Mar 27, 2005.

1. boston

boston Senior member

I was walking through Saks earlier today and I saw a section devoted to Alfred Dunhill suits. Is that new?

The line featured some pretty outrageous stripes and windowpanes. Some were fused, some seemed canvas, some with pick stitching that looked irregular enough to be hand done.

Is Dunhill trying to crack the men's suit market?

-boston

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

don't know about cracking the men's suit market - Dunhill have been in that market for quite some time...

3. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

I noticed that Dunhill section sometime last summer, but I believe it has been there for a while....

4. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

Agreed. Dunhills been making English inspired clothes for a long while (hence the bold patterns). Good stuff.

5. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Richard James has started designing their tailoring for the Spring-Summer 2005-2006 collection.

Rick James is still dead.

6. arenn1

arenn1 Well-Known Member

Dunhill used to try to limit distribution to their own branded stores. However, they withdrew their US retail presence (except New York) a year or two ago and boosted their distribution at places like Saks.