• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alfie - Jude Law's Suits

kingdoz

Reaction score
Hi Guys, DOes anyone know what suits alfie had in the movie. I know the black one is from Gucci, but he had a stunning pinstriped one, and so far I have not seen such a great suit/cut anywhere. This is the one in particular...Alfies Suit Would appreciate any help. If not that same suit, then makes of suit with a very SIMILAR cut. Thanks

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This link suggests that at least some of the suits were made by Martin Margiela.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought that suggested the suits were made by Boateng:

"a black, handmade tailored suit and a daring pink shirt from the talented English designer Osward Boateng."

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
I haven't seen the movie, so what I say should be taken with a grain of salt, but I feel like whoever made the suits, they were all re-cut by a tailor to specifically fit Jude Law the way they wanted them to. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were dramatically reshaped.

Dan

Brian SD

Reaction score
amirrorcrackd, I think he just wears the suits a size too small so they are super fitted. He says in the beginning of the movie that the black suit is made by Gucci, I could have sworn. The pinstripe suit looks like a Margiela to me, but it's worn kind of badly because it's so damn tight. It was driving me nuts, I can't imagine how much range of motion Jude Law actually has in that without ripping the seams.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the December 2004 issue of GQ, Law says that he deliberately wore the suits a size too small to create the impression that Alfie had bought the suits on sale because he didn't have the means to support his image.

kingdoz

Reaction score
well if he bought the suits too small... he certainly started an new image. seen quite a few alfie wanabees on the streets if london now with very tight suits that seem as if they will rip apart if they even move thier arms ever so slightly...

Mr Chu

Reaction score
Just wanted to dig up an old thread to show that skinny is in!

Mr Chu

Reaction score
Lol. How does digging up a thread from 9 years ago show that skinny is in now?
I guess since people were criticising the look. And now skinny is the standard in the fashion world. Unless of course if you're grossly overweight, then skinny is not "in." haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads