1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alfa Romeo

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by LabelKing, Apr 2, 2006.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Yes, it anticipated the chavmobile aesthetic.

I think that something may be stillborn potential.

I don't know, I always liked 'Il Monstro'.

Jon.

2. Full Canvas

Full Canvas Senior member

(Not that Alfa's V6 isn't the best-sounding engine ever . . .

How do you think the Alfa V6, twin-turbo or simply injected, would sound in a Lotus Europa ?

[​IMG]

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I read of an Italian Alfa enthusiast who placed his hand on his heart, eyes rolled up to the heavens and said: "My heart beats only for Alfa".

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

http://www.movit.de/images/alfzg4.jpg

Almost despite myself I find myself a fan of the Alfa SZ that was briefly sold in the early 1990s. Even though its plastic body has GM-sized panel gaps. Even though under the skin is bog standard Alfa 75 (Milano in the US) running gear and suspension. (Not that Alfa's V6 isn't the best-sounding engine ever in that configuration, and one of the best-feeling too.) Even though that skin isn't by any objective standard that attractive. But it still has...something.

I agree. The SZ has its own ugly charm. I would not snub my nose at one,that'sfor sure.

5. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

I've never been a fan of his films, but Pasolini's automotive enthusiasm was for Alfa. Mystery still surrounds his gruesome 1975 murder at Ostia. After more than twenty-five years, the once teen-aged hustler convicted of Pasolini's murder has recanted.

Supposedly, Pasolini's already dead body was several times run over with his own 1974 Alfa Spyder Veloce 2000 by the teen before fleeing the crime scene. Evidently, the strange visitor from Teorema finally caught-up with Pasolini himself.

When I think of the Spyder Veloce, I prefer to flash upon the image of Dustin Hoffman and Katherine Ross fleeing down California Highway 1 in the early round-tail 1600.

see accatone, his first, and best film. he also co-wrote il bell' antonio. both are among my very favorite films.

6. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

I agree. The SZ has its own ugly charm.
    Was that a Bertone design?

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Was that a Bertone design?
    I believe it was Zagato.

8. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

9. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

I believe it was Zagato.

Correct. I believe that "SZ" actually stands for "Sports Zagato." Likewise, the droptop variant was the RZ, or "Roadster Zagato."

But I'm really writing because I love your signature.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

It's such a refined little "Fuck-off", I feel.

11. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

When in past years Alfa Romeo had their "Graduate" model in the USA, I remember a lovely graduate assistant seeing that badge and she noted that it must have been a graduation present.

12. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

13. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior member

that looks loads nicer than the maserati and amv8....but i'd still kill for a 911. i'd probably only mutilate for that

14. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior member

what's the estimated price? my above comment was on the assumption of £55k - £75k

15. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

what's the estimated price? my above comment was on the assumption of £55k - £75k

I'd say more. It is based on the Maserati coupe, going to be the Alfa halo car. Affordable exotic price, I'd say. The Brera is more sexy and sultry but the 8C has an aura of old Alfa beauty to it that is indeed beguiling.

16. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior member

i've seen a few brera's and i was only really impressed with the rear, the front looks like any other of the recent alfa family. they'll be asking for trouble if they price it much more than a 911 i reckon, i should have listed the new jag xk8 in my previous post as well.