• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alfa officially back in the US (and already sold out)

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
OMG!!!!

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/06/a...eady-sold-out/

Alfa started selling the 8C Competizione State-side and they're already sold out. It might be the most beautiful car currently in production.

I remember when I saw article of the car last year, I was enamored with it's good looks. It's really no surprise it's sold out, regardless of it's high price tag, only 99 are to be shipped statewide.

The car is dead sexy though!

CodeRed

Reaction score
I have a '67 GTV and it is REALLY nice not to see the brand just fade away like Lancia et al. Looks like a mini ferrari again...

andyw

Reaction score
Very nice....heritage of the Alfa TZ comes through.

I saw a Alfa GTV parked on East 4th Street this weekend and I asked the cab driver to stop hard so I could admire it. A great day for Alfistis.....no?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CodeRed
I have a '67 GTV and it is REALLY nice not to see the brand just fade away like Lancia et al. Looks like a mini ferrari again...

I used to have a 1968 Alfa GTV 1750 with Recaro seats - a great car with a beautiful exhaust note.

The 8C is absolutely stunning - much nicer than the current crop of Ferraris in my opinion.
If only they made them in right-hand drive so that we could get some in Australia.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would be the worst time to be back on US market. Let's see if it survives.

First thought about the car: nice classic lines, second though : what is with big front overhang?

Interior is generic plastic blob and paddle-shifters instead of old-fshion manual. < sucks

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
That would be the worst time to be back on US market. Let's see if it survives. First thought about the car: nice classic lines, second though : what is with big front overhang?
It seems to already be a success, there were only 99 slated for North America, of which all are sold without anyone even taking sight of the car. If they keep their production numbers conservative and limited, they should have little problem selling this car annually.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
It seems to already be a success, there were only 99 slated for North America, of which all are sold without anyone even taking sight of the car. If they keep their production numbers conservative and limited, they should have little problem selling this car annually.

True that, but it takes many many years to recoupe money from R&D and we are heading towards mother of all depressions. So, even if they owned by Fiat (not sure about it) they might face a hard times with new supercar in this market.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
True that, but it takes many many years to recoupe money from R&D and we are heading towards mother of all depressions. So, even if they owned by Fiat (not sure about it) they might face a hard times with new supercar in this market.

Could be true, but it would be ashame, as this is one the few cars that could make a Vantage look slightly mediocre.

jhao

Reaction score
what's the price of that alfa ??? ( in America)

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beautiful exterior but the interior is a little cartoony

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The number of 8Cs destined for American market has been spoken for looooooong time ago.
When Alfa models finally make an appearance here they'd be sold via a tiny handful of Maserati outlets.
That, coupled with premium pricing even within their respective segments shall see to it that any schnook can't simply waltz in and buy one.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
The number of 8Cs destined for American market has been spoken for looooooong time ago. When Alfa models finally make an appearance here they'd be sold via a tiny handful of Maserati outlets. That, coupled with premium pricing even within their respective segments shall see to it that any schnook can't simply waltz in and buy one.
Agreed, regardless of the economy, there is still a market for extra rare low production exotics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads