• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alessandro Dell'Acqua?

jamesd

Reaction score
What do people think of this line?

I've seen some nice pieces online (and maybe in some movies) over the past few years but when I was in their Madison store last year, they had a pitifully small men's collection, and I don't know where else the line is sold in the US.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like Dell'acqua, though you are right that he doesn't do much in the US. In Europe, I think he's quite popular, and I know in Japan he does a lot of business. He's also (or was until recently) the creative director of Borbonese (one of those dusty luggage labels trying to do a comeback).

His stuff is nice, but not too "out there" or wild. It rides a line between innovation and wearability pretty well; or at least the pieces I've had or have seen. Quality isn't bad... IIRC, Tombolini makes the stuff and Zengarini the shoes (they also make for Calvin Klein Collection, Byblos, and some others I can't remember off hand). I especially like some of his men's sneakers... they're really quite fun.

Other than Yoox, I don't know of any other US online sources, unfortunately...

rexor12

Reaction score
I agree with rach2jlc, i've never seen his stuff in real stores, but i've bought some from Yoox and it's very wearable and well made. He has a Costume National vibe going on in his collections which is great

Diem

Reaction score
I have been a fan a long time, especially like his sweaters. Allessandro himself looks like a doucebag tho (take a look at SS09 at men.style, last picture).

AlonsoMerino

Reaction score
Hello, can anyone tell me their experience regarding the shirt and shoes fit? Are they true to size or should I go larger?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads