• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Wingtip - Bootmaker Edition - Ravello Shell Cordovan - 10.5D - Barrie Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

heterophilous

Reaction score
On sale here is a barely used pair of Alden 'Bootmaker Edition', 9-eyelet, wingtips in ravello shell cordovan.

The specific pair that I am selling have only been worn out for the day 2-3 times total, and are still in excellent condition with the 'uppers' exhibiting only minor scuffs or signs of wear (i.e. creases) around the toebox regions / boot sides. Sizing for this specific pair of boot is 10.5D on Alden's 'Barrie' last, which means that they will properly fit a US size 11D foot.

I originally purchased these boots from The Shoe Mart website for $700, but realize now that i prefer the mahogany, eggplant and whiskey hues of shell cordovan to the brownish ravello or cigar. I also realize now that I prefer lighter chukka and chelsea boot models to the heavier lace-up varieties manufactured by Alden. Am in the process of clearing out my closet and would like to unload these at a reasonable clip to well-informed buyers without the hassle of returns.

At $500.00, you are getting an almost 30% discount from the retail price at Shoe Mart, which currently does not even have the 10.5D ravello wingtips in stock (according to their website). You're also getting a $50 discount from my current price on EBay, where I've cross-listed this specific boot pair.

Woodlore Cedar Shoe trees are included as part of the purchase price.

Free Shipping to the Continental U.S. via UPS Ground.

Variable pricing for locations anywhere else.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 193
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 173
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

bigeasy

Reaction score
Is there any difference between shoes in bootmaker edition and those in alden store?
Especially the quality of shoes?

heterophilous

Reaction score
Not at all ... The Shoe Mart is a very large and reputable dealer of Alden footwear. The stuff in the official Alden catalog and on their website is mostly bluchers and oxfords, whereas many of their boot models are generally custom ordered by specific third party retailers (to say i.e. 'Alden x LeatherSoul' or 'Alden x Leffot). For whatever reason, Shoe Mart has them say 'Bootmaker Edition'.

If anyone else on SF knows differently, please clarify...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads