• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden/whiskey-should they stay or go?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
If you love them, keep them. If not, let them go. Rarity is not an issue.

+1

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they are comfortable and fit your feet well definitely keep them.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are monsters, Tarmac. Gorgeous shoes.
worship.gif
I can feel the first stirrings of the same agony.
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I love the natural-stain midsoles on these Bootmaker Aldens. I think more shoes should come like that. I've been really wanting a pair.
I've agonized over buying these, full retail $557.
2R_90730.jpg

#8 is something you can waffle on, but cigar or whiskey, they are worth every penny right now.

Another thing, this is one of those purchases which is just foolproof. For example, I have a bunch of $170-ish shoes which I got on various discounts. I would have saved a lot of wasted time if I had just gotten the exact $550 shoe I wanted instead of hunting around for 3 lesser $170 shoes.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

CodeRed

Reaction score
If Tom bought them at full retail, who am I to quibble?

Thx again for all the commments, helpful and amusing!

Tonight I think that I'll drink an old whiskey, while I wear the shoe for the first time. Seems only appropriate.

CR

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CodeRed
If Tom bought them at full retail, who am I to quibble?

Thx again for all the commments, helpful and amusing!

Tonight I think that I'll drink an old whiskey, while I wear the shoe for the first time. Seems only appropriate.

CR

Now yer talkin'!

obiwan

Reaction score
Love the color and cut of these, are they a more casual shoe or would they be ok for wear with a suit? If so what color would you pair them with?

I like these and the cigar in the same cut but, convincing myself to drop $1200 on 2 pair of shoes is tough.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
If they are comfortable and fit your feet well definitely keep them.
+1. I've never seen a C&J shoe in _whiskey_ shell cordovan (though they might make them) and you are unlikely *ever* to find a pair on sale. I'd pay full retail for those shoes shown in the OP. They're beautiful.

Don Goldstein

Reaction score
I'm simply amazed that The Shoe Mart has these. Whiskey shell cordovan is not available. It hasn't been for a while and it won't be available again for a long time. You could sell yours for a premium.

CodeRed

Reaction score
I got home early for the TG weekend, so I took the WSTs out of the plastic wrapper for the second time to make sure that they fit right and that I still liked them. I must say that they fit perfectly even on the Barrie last which runs a little large for me (I went down a half size). The shell has a great tan hue..almost looks like an exotic wood of some sort. These shoes will age very well and match up with the natural sole very nicely...might wind up being my favorite alden shell so far. I am already up to six pairs of shells, split evenly between C&J and Alden...shell becomes very addictive, before you know it takes over your life
smile.gif

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
next sequel:

Indiana Jones
and the Rare Whiskey Shells
!

indiana-2.jpg

yeah yeah.
should i apply for a CG job with paramount?

Brian,

You have too much time on your hands!
tounge.gif

I think whiskey shell Indy Boots would really be the holy grail.
alien.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics