1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Alden sizing, again

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Can anyone tell me about the Barrie last? I have a pair of Norweigan cordovan laceups on the Aberdeen last in 9 1/2 E (Normally I wear 9 1/2 D in everything, but on the advice of The Alden Shop, I bought the Norweigans in 9 1/2E). Now, I am looking at a pair of plain toe bluchers, and The Alden Shop people recomend I get a 9E, that sounds preposterous, but then again, they should know their stuff. Does that sound out of left field to anyone?

2. jcusey

jcusey Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Barrie's a big last. I would certainly go down half a size if you're going to wear it with the same socks as your split-toe Aberdeens, but I think that I would stick with the D width rather than the E.

3. JFK

JFK Well-Known Member

As jcusey says, the Barrie last runs big; I wear a 9 1/2 D in the Hampton last (in calfskin), but a 9E in the Barrie (in cordovan); the fit is virtually identical between them.