• Please help me welcome our new sponsor, Crush Store a luxury boutique and contemporary store in Southern Italy that offers its customers the a careful selection of casual and elegant fashion at excellent prices and great value. Please do visit their thread to say hi, ask questions about brands, sizing, etc... and see what is new at Crush Store. Thanks!
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden shoes and european sizes: conversion

Dodo

Reaction score
Hi guys, i would like to buy a pair of alden shoes, i would like to know from european SFers if the common conversion chart is valid for narrower alden's lasts. For example: 9 US is commonly as a 8 UK and a 42 EU. Can you guys confirm this or Aldens are generally different from this.
thanks a lot for help, buying shoes online is not so simple....

Dodo

Reaction score
anyone can help me with size conversion?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try posting in the Alden thread. There a few lasts and it's hard to say offhand.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dodo
Hi guys, i would like to buy a pair of alden shoes, i would like to know from european SFers if the common conversion chart is valid for narrower alden's lasts. For example: 9 US is commonly as a 8 UK and a 42 EU. Can you guys confirm this or Aldens are generally different from this.

Like stated, check out the Alden thread for the tutorial picture sizing.

In general the modified, barrie, and trubalance lasts run .5 size bigger.

You need to know the last of the particular pair you want and go from there.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dodo

I would say that that is valid, but it also depends on what brands of UK shoes you are using as a reference. For example, I am a 9D US, but I wear an 8E in some UK brands and an 8.5E in others.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hard enough to compare Alden lasts to other other Alden lasts, never mind Alden to "European" whatever that means.

Featured Sponsor

What gift are you planning to give your dad this Father's Day?

• A set of whiskey rocks

• 99 Luft balloons

• Tickets to the new Barbie movie

• A lifetime membership to Topgolf

• Personalized temporary tattoos

• Peek inside to read our selection of (less ludicrous) gifts for Father's Day 2023!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fabio8