• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Alden Shell Cordovan Boot Thread - No Discussion, Only Photos

Which is your favorite alden shell color?

• Whiskey

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Ravello

Votes: 4 19.0%

Votes: 2 9.5%

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Cigar

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In this thread, we post pics of all Alden shell cordovan boots. Shooting for 100% pure uninterrupted alden shell nirvana. Try to give credit to the source, wherever you find it. also a quick description and model number for easy quick reference. To keep thread clean of clutter, post comments in the Alden thread Ill start with this Winn Perry Makeup:

Last edited:

TactileOne

Reaction score
Don't mean to be anal, but thought this was for shell boots!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ changed it to shell cordovan boots

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sizing wise, Grant seems to run pretty true to size. (I tried two on and it seemed that one was narrower than usual and the other wider than usual, so I'm splitting the difference.) Plaza supposedly runs slightly long, but I can't tell. Not sure about Aberdeen. The way I describe the Grant last is a slightly pointy rounded toe and the Plaza last is a soft square toe. It seems to be hard to compare the shapes of the lasts in words, so I figure if a picture says a thousand words, I might as well post some pictures. I don't have anything in the Aberdeen last, but I do have boots in the Grant (4060) and Plaza (AF60) lasts. Sorry, they're a bit large, but it seems to be easier to see the difference this way. Grant last:
Plaza last:
Side by side (Grant on left, Plaza on right):
Closeup comparison on toes (Grant on left, Plaza on right):

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Brilliant. For those interested: Cigar Shell Cordovan
Handsewn Whiskey and Mahogany Shell Cordovan (can anyone tell me which is Whiskey and which is Mahogany?)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 55 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.8%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%