Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Alden Recrafting - Do I return?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JJR24, Feb 4, 2013.

1. JJR24

JJR24 New Member

This is my first SF thread, please pardon the repetitive subject matter from other posts. I just received my Alden 920s back from recrafting service and I'm more than a bit disappointed. While the packaging and the soles themselves are nicely done, there are more than a few issues with the finished shoes. The biggest issue is the lack of refinishing of the uppers. There were a few vertical scratches in my shoes that are even more pronounced after recrafting. Not smooth at all. Also, the shoes are quite a few shades darker, which I don't like. So, the question is, am I being overcritical for restoration work or should these go back?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

2. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

looks like shit.

If the shoes weren't in that condition before you sent them, then you should definitely get the re-crafting done again for free.

3. bubba04

bubba04 Senior member

+1 adding that it doesn't matter if it were like that before -- that is the sole (pardon the pun) purpose of recrafting!

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

The Alden thread in SW&D has a few mentions of recraftings coming back slightly darker than when sent in (due to redying or whatever). I'd immediately call Alden on that - no reason for the shoe to come back different than when it went in, barring the new sole, etc.

IIRC, most were accepted back and if they couldn't be corrected, I want to say they were given a new pair, but I could be off on that. Definitely get in touch w/ Alden and express your dissatisfaction.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013