1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alden Re-Craft Worth the $ for Slightly-Worn Shoes?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by The Louche, Jan 10, 2014.

1. The Louche

The Louche Senior member

My Alden/BB tassel moccasins have worn-out soles, with one shoe having just now worn into the cork mid-sole. I’ve been toying with the idea of having them re-crafted, but I’m now questioning the value for this particular pair, which are in otherwise-excellent condition.

If I have my regular cobbler re-sole them I’ll save almost $100—but will having another cobbler work on them preclude Alden’s willingness to re-craft them in the future when a “full service” is truly warranted? I know AE are complete jerks about this; are Alden?