1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Alden PTB model in Color 8 Shell Cordovan. Size 8.5C

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by sazon, Sep 24, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sazon

sazon Senior member

For your consideration:

Alden's classic plain toe blucher model in Color 8 Shell Cordovan. Size 8.5C. Double leather soles. These shoes were shaped over the Barrie last, which generally runs 1/2 size large. Please be sure of your sizing, as we cannot accept returns.

Excellent condition. Shoes come with Alden shoe box and shoe bags. Trees not included. Brand new, $660. Offered here at $342. $10 shipping for USA, with tracking. $20 for friends in Canada. All others, please inquire.

(These shoes belong to McArthur)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014

2. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

I would love to hear how the 8.5C differs from the 8.5D - how much different there is in length and width.
    for me 8.5D is too long (forefoot too far back) - and it "fits" width wise (again considering the forefoot is far back it is probably both too long and too wide).

Whilst the 8E gives me the length i need it is roomy in width. the 8D is much better in the width but i have issues with not quite enough room in the toe box. both 8.5D & 8E are "manageable" but no really good enough.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

3. sazon

sazon Senior member

The c width will be a bit more narrow in the forefront of the shoe as well as the heel.

I cannot comment on how much the c width would affect the length. I recommend you try it on in person for the most precise fitting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.