1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by kgmessier, Jun 6, 2011.

1. BOOTLEGGERS

BOOTLEGGERS New Member

Is it too late to join?

2. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Which make up are you inquiring about? I would say there's plenty of time.

3. ferguscan

ferguscan Senior member

** I would be interested in this with a commando sole. Would prefer speed hooks on the top half, but I could live with eyelets.

I need a shoe (or two) for climbing Kilimanjaro next year. Shell seems like a good choice, but feel free to tell me otherwise.

Anyone know what the approximate price would be, and will shipping be available to Australia? I'm new to Alden MTO.

Thanks all,

Stuart

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Shell doesn't seem like the best type of shoe to wear for climbing Kilimanjaro IMO. You'd be better off wearing a proper hiking shoe for something like that.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  5. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

this make up is pure hotness, but as i have the #8 do I really need the exact same in cigar?

either way...go for it fellas. this is a fantstic boot.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah shell is heavy, doesn't air out well, is not waterproof, not padded, and a bunch of other reasons that you should get an actual hiking boot

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

In regards to mixed media black shoe, I'm out. Just got these today:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  8. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

those are awesome...enjoy!

too bad though, an alden vendor just confirmed the mixed media make-up!

9. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

10. ferguscan

ferguscan Senior member

** I'm determined to do the climb in style. Maybe the C&J Snowdon in waxed calf would be a better choice. But I digress.

I want a pair of Alden boots regardless. High boots with either a perforated cap, or a wing with broguing. In Cigar, Ravello or Whiskey. Definitely interested in any such MTO orders.

Thanks,

Stuart

11. LankyFellow

LankyFellow Active Member

I am in the preorder for the revello captoe boot in 10.5D but unfortunately I have found that my barrie size is actually 10D. Is there anyone that is interested in taking my place on the list?

12. ferguscan

ferguscan Senior member

** I can't find details of a Ravello captoe on the Barrie last in this thread. Can you link me?

Thanks.

13. LankyFellow

14. ferguscan

ferguscan Senior member

** I didn't realise I needed to go that far back in the thread :) Did the boots finally get specced with a flat welt? I couldn't find that in the thread.

If so, I want them. But since I'm in Australia, I can't deal with Leffot directly :(

I can buy them off you when they arrive though (if nobody else wants your position on the list). Is there an expected time frame for arrival?

Thanks,

Stuart

15. LankyFellow

They haven't even contacted me yet about it, so I am assuming it is still a few months out. I think it was finalized with the flat welt, but KG would know for certain. If no one else comes forward in the Continental US then we can work something out for it with the shipping, but I would prefer to just pass it off if I can.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  16. ferguscan

ferguscan Senior member

** Roger that. PM me if you end up taking delivery.

17. Islander

Islander Senior member

I was also wondering about the Ravello cap toe, I am definitely on the list but have not been contacted or asked for a deposit.

18. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Correct. There hasn't been a request yet from Leffot for a deposit on this MTO.

- K

19. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Last I heard Steven hadn't even received a confirmation from Alden yet. This could be a very long process. Who knew that ravello was going to be so scarce? Welcome to the world of Alden.

20. sazon

sazon Senior member

This will definitely be a 2013 boot. Gives ya more time to save up for it gents !