Alden MTO Forum Group Buy

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by kgmessier, Jun 6, 2011.

1. abam

abam Senior member

Hmm.. how about a reverse/storm welt? I'm thinking a rugged cordovan boot would be nice.

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I'd be in for a scotch grain shell boot, but would anyone be interested in any style other than a tanker? Of all of the designs, the split toe is my least favorite. I would be up for a cap toe, a plain toe, a wingtip, or an Indy, but probably not a split toe.

This mixed-media wingtip idea is more my style. I would definitely be in for one of those if they end up being possible.

3. scb

scb Senior member

here's #8 scotch grain from Ron Rider

http://www.francos.com/items/itemzoom.asp?sku5=54546

4. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

Hi, could you please post a picture to confirm exactly which toe medallion style will be used?

5. abam

abam Senior member

I'd be down for a cap-toe or wingtip.

Similar to this Ron Rider makeup: http://leffot.com/2010/04/03/rider-big-boys/

6. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

It seems like if we can generate enough interest for both a Tanker (or v-tip if such a style exists) boot in #8 scotch grain and a mixed media wingtip boot, then we cover all our bases. Those will be bad ass (and complementary) makeups.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012

7. darnold

darnold Senior member

in for #8 scotch tanker

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Scotch #8 Tanker all eyelets, pull tab sounds cool.I wouldn't be in for a V or U tip, but it would appear the VTip is out in cordovan anyway (sticthing has be be done by hand). I for one don't mind the Barrie last, I think it does fit most, and the ones who it can't fit are very vociferous about it, but maybe I'm wrong. I think a boot like a tanker was made for a clunkier last like the Barrie.

9. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

NYR, yea, usually I am anti-Barrie, but agree on a Tanker boot, the clunkier Barrie last can still look cool. 4 votes...I like where this is headed. :slayer:

10. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

also, as far as i can tell no one has done a non plaza last wingtip boot in cigar. all eyelets, antique edge, commando sole. sounds pretty easy to me.

11. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Besides the commando sole, you are basically talking about Epaulet's Brixton boot which is coming out in cigar in the near future. That is an option if you are interested.

By the way, where are you seeing a proliferation of plaza-lasted wingtip boots in cigar?

12. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I know Shoemart has done shell wingtip boots in the Barrie last, which I like better than the Plaza for a boot, but I don't think they've ever done it in cigar. Your mixed-media wingtip boot would be awesome in the cigar color, but truth be told, I'd probably buy it in any shell color other than black.

Speaking of which, looking back at the diagram you made, aren't areas 3 and 4 made from the same piece of leather? Wouldn't they both have to have the same texture? Not that I mind, having only area 2 smooth works for me.

13. hangten

hangten Senior member

That's one of Leather Soul's signature makeups

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/12/10/plaza-wingtip-boot-x-2-lsbh/

But I am excited that Epaulet is gonna do the boot in Cigar as I have been trying to get my hands on this for a while.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

14. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

True, but only 'special' customers can get their hands on Leather Soul's signature makeup because of their nonsensical policies.

I much prefer to give my hard-earned money to Epaulet and Leffot, who take a more even-handed approach. Who would have thought Manhattan shops would be more egalitarian? The NYC, best city in the world.

15. hangten

hangten Senior member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012