Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by 0waterbouys, Jun 12, 2012.

1. calidist

calidist Senior member

I'd absolutely love a PT Cigar makeup with all eyelets and double waterloc soles.

2. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Frans Boone is in Belgium, right? Has anyone from the US ordered from there?

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

So have we come to a consensus on the make-up yet? We have a thousand and make-ups here...

4. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Amsterdam I believe. I have not personally but think I've seen others on the forum talk about it.

5. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

6. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Senior member

Yes, we have. The final vote tally saw this boot as the winner for our primary boot.

#4 Boot:
    Wingtip Boot
    Grant Last
    360 Flat Welt
    Commando Sole
    Antique Edge Trim
    All Eyelets
    No Pull Tab

Now it looks like we need to establish a backup. Kathy will be back in the shop around the 25th and I will bring the designs, primary and backup, to her.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

7. trig

trig Senior member

yessssss!

8. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I am with you on the bot needing to be chunkier and more rugged looking. I would love someting in cigar like th pic posted a page or so ago. I double oiled sole and a 360 storm welt would look great.

9. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Maybe this could be one of the backups? Since we've already got 4 expressing interest in that exact make up, and one other person expressing interest in something similar with slight variations?

Edit: unless I've double counted someone, haven't been keeping a record of who said what, just going off of recollection.

10. 0waterbouys

It certainly looks like a cigar boot/shoe is what is desired as a backup, and possibly even secondary makeup if people want it. I say we move forward with this idea if everyone is in agreement. The main thing that needs to be decided prior to a vote however is whether we want a boot, or a dress shoe. As it stands it seems more people are leaning towards a boot but I will let you all input your thoughts on the matter. I for one am throwing my hat in the shoe category as we already have a boot and I am really loving the idea of a PTB with gold eyelets. I'll whip up a second poll for people to vote on the cigar backup/secondary makeup as soon as it is decided between boot/shoe.

Thanks for all the input everyone,

Nick

11. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

My god this is tempting, how much would a deposit be if indeed this is a possibility.

12. 0waterbouys

I'm going to ask Kathy as soon as she returns. Though others have had experience with her doing MTO's before on some other makeups and they may be able to shed light on how things went on those orders.

13. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

If that doesn't pan out, I wonder if you could just buy some other version of cigar PTB and have a cobbler change the eyelets for you?

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Great boot. I'd be out though as I'm waiting for a shoemart #4 WTB...

15. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Yeah, my first thought was that there is already a similar #4 WTB on the scene, although not widely available. Almost defeats the whole purpose of the MTO effort (to get something unique), except if there are enough people that want it, I suppose that is proof in itself that it's worth pursuing.

I'll pass on it too. While I find wingtips attractive, its just not my style. I have very plain taste.

I wish the group the best of luck in getting this design made. Maybe if we can agree on additional makeups I could get in on one.