Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by 0waterbouys, Jun 12, 2012.

1. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

There are existing plain-toe, cap-toe, wing-tip options, which is why I would like to see a medallion cap-toe as I am not familiar with this makeup in Alden. If there is one, could someone please direct me to it?

2. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Senior member

Alright so let me address some questions and concerns.

Yes, this is a rare makeup and may not be possible. Especially considering the number of people that want in, though that may decrease come pre-order payment/commitment time. I have plans to start talks on another makeup (or 2 if we want) as backups that I can present to Kathy. The 2 "backup" makeups to the #4 boot will have to be fully designed before I bring them to Kathy though as I want to appear dedicated to a design and not wishy-washy with tons of variations and options. We can start discussing the 1st backup design now; I just wanted to hold off on designing two boots at a time to avoid confusion and so we could put out a focused effort towards the #4 boot.
    I have spoken to Joe and Chey (I still dont know if that is how its spelled) and was told that out of the shells that are available #4 may be a viable option, although Kathy is going to have to confirm everything once she returns from leave. If #4 is impossible I have planned to keep the design intact and ask Kathy if we can just swap the shell color with another, such as Whiskey. Then I will bring that info to everyone and see whom is still on board.
    If she cannot do color 4 in a cap toe due to stocking too many cap toes already and can switch to a plain toe #4 boot I will bring that info to everyone and again we can see who is still on board with that idea.

If you havent voted on the poll yet please do so, I will be counting the results on Sunday and that will be our finalized #4 boot that I will present to Kathy.

Thanks again everyone,

-Nick

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  3. jacksh

jacksh Well-Known Member

Count me in for #4 boot captoe/wingtip in grant(or maybe barrie), all eyelet, antique edge trim. Thanks.

4. 0waterbouys

So I was informed by CHRK33 that I should be using Google docs to set up the voting poll that way I can turn over the data to Kathy directly and can have everyone's sizes right there for easy ordering. CHRK333 will be making this doc as I have to go into meetings today and he should have it up soon. It will be more comprehensive and much more put together. The poll I created was made out of haste and needed cleaning up. I will try to get it up as soon as possible for everyone to make their selections on the #4 primary boot. Thanks again everyone.

5. trig

trig Senior member

i'm sure whiskey is even harder to obtain than #4 since it's a lighter shade thus requiring less imperfections. i'm sure our backup option would have to be cigar. unless we go with the more staple black/#8 shell. but i absolutely am willing to wait out for #4 boots.

6. 0waterbouys

I just got off the phone with Joe at Alden DC. He said Kathy would be back in the store the final week in June, so we will have to wait until then for confirmation but he seemed enthusiastic about a #4 boot. After(if) Kathy gives the go ahead on the #4 boot she will then submit it to Alden where they will review the order and say yes or no to the design. I expect she would hear from Alden a week or two after she submits the order for approval so around early/mid July. I agree that an extra wait would be well worth a #4 boot.

7. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Just helping out waterbouys with putting together a Google Docs voting form. Sorry to have everyone re-submit, but please use the following voting form for the Alden DC x Styleforum exclusive #4 boot, which will be more straightforward and easier to tabulate results. If you have any problems with the form, let me know.

Thanks and let's get this ball rolling...

Alden DC #4 Boot

8. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

yes!

9. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

i would be down for this swell:

Alden DC x Styleforum #4 Boot
    Voting form for a MTO #4 Shell Cordovan boot to be commissioned with Alden DC. Please vote for your preferences below.

Once the makeup style is determined (particularly last), the form will be recirculated so you can identify your Styleforum username, email address and size. Thanks.

BASELINE:
    #4 Shell Cordovan
    * Required

Boot Style *
    Choose One
    Wingtip
    Captoe (if you choose this option, please answer the next question re: captoe style)
    Either

Cap-toe Style
    Choose One if you selected cap-toe as your preference above
    Punched captoe with toe medallion
    Punched captoe with no toe medallion
    Straight captoe with toe medallion
    Straight captoe with no toe medallion
    N/A

Last *
    Choose One
    Plaza
    Grant
    Barrie
    No preference

Welt *
    360 Flat
    360 Reverse/Storm Welt
    Closed heel flat welt
    No preference

Sole *
    Choose One
    Commando
    Double waterlock Sole
    Double Leather
    No preference

Edge Trim *
    Antique
    Brown
    No preference

Eyelets *
    Choose One
    All Eyelets
    Speedhooks
    No preference

Pull Tab *
    Choose One
    Yes
    No
    No preference

10. SLAB

SLAB Senior member

I assume there must be pictures floating around of #4 but I cant seem to track them down immediately; isn't #4 quite red in color?

11. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

12. trig

trig Senior member

hey closerlook, no need to post your response in here. you just submit it at the bottom of the google docs page.

13. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

whoops! thanks

14. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Submitted via the google doc.

15. 0waterbouys