1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by 0waterbouys, Jun 12, 2012.

1. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Alden isn't doing any special orders in special shell colors, even to large retailers unless they are ordering a style that they have been doing for a while. Even those types of special orders are not being done often because Alden can't get enough of the lighter shell colors. I was told by quite a few contacts that it may take a couple of years.

2. mw313

mw313 Senior member

it would be nice to know who is still interested in ordering something special MTO and maybe something can be worked out as long as it isn't a very special color.

3. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Senior member

I'd be interested in a brown cxl version of the Thor boot and maybe even in a darker suede.

4. blackboard_knowledge

blackboard_knowledge Senior member

I am absolutely still interested in something MTO.

As far as special make-ups of shell that Alden DC have already done, I would kill for the whiskey Indy boot. But, I understand that that would be difficult. Here are potential MTO ideas:
    (1) reverse chamois tobacco Indy (Trubalance last) on commando sole with no speed hooks,
    (2) dark chocolate or choco Indy (Trubalance last) on commando sole with no speed hooks,
    (3) reverse chamois tobacco cap toe (Grant last) on commando sole with no speed hooks,
    (4) dark chocolate or choco cap toe (Grant last) on commando sole with no speed hooks.

Is anyone interested in any of these?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  5. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Senior member

I'd probably be interested in #3 or #4 with preference for #3.

Alternatively, what about asking a retailer to make the original Thor boot through Carmina?

6. blackboard_knowledge

blackboard_knowledge Senior member

I accidentally said "Trubalance last" for #3, but was thinking about doing it in the Grant last. Is that still interesting?

I was seeing if anyone had done anything like #4, and came across the below LeatherSoul model that was made in 2011. I think doing it on the Grant instead of the Plaza last and no speed hooks could be really amazing.
    [​IMG]

7. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

The Thor boot or reasonable facsimile from Carmina would be very interesting. Epaulet maybe?

8. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Senior member

That would be my thought. Plus, Carmina doesn't seem to have any problems sourcing cordovan in various shades of brown.

9. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

They have already done something pretty similar. Unipair has something similar as well.

[​IMG]

10. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I wouldn't mind a pair of these but the Carmina lasts I'm familiar with (I actually only own one pair of Carmina boots and they're on the Oscar last) all seem much "dressier" and sleeker than the Barrie last, which the Thor boots were going to be based on. I'm kind of on a work boot kick now so am leaning towards lasts that are not too sleek. But I'll probably get over this phase at some point.

Thanks for the input.

11. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I agree with your point, but that is to be expected.

I wasn't proposing it as a GMTO, Rather, I was pointing out that it has already been done.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  12. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Does Alden still do GMTO orders?

13. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

My post was in reference to Epaulet x Carmina.

Ready above for context.

14. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Ah, I see. Apart from context, does anyone know if Alden has done any GMTOs successfully in the recent past? Or is it likely that Carmina, C&J, or one of the other manufacturers is the only way to get one done?

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

There may be a shot at a GMTO with Alden, but it is extremely rare. See the recent #2 LWBs that AoC did. Other than that, I can't think I any recent examples.

16. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

I will do #3 #4 above
    Also interested in carmina build

I know an official Alden retailer willing to put in an order of 12 to 16 may require prepay in full but he will get a reasonable order made

It is said Alden has one sales manager Floyd and all orders go thru him

Ultimately I want to use this connection to get a 4x4 alden shoe in shell or Moca suede
    I think they are Barrie lasted but again a good boot order has my attention and I respect Blackboard Knowledge for his leadership and selection skills

17. polofitted007

polofitted007 Member

What happen to the GMTO, I would be in....polofitted007 at yahoo.com

18. Kleinfeld

Kleinfeld Active Member

It is possible to order a Tanker boot through this group?

19. laufer

laufer Senior member

20. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

deleted

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015