1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by 0waterbouys, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Don L

Don L Senior member

If there is an opening or a cancellation from this order keep me informed as I would want to get in on the Thor....

2. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Can't wait for Thor boot. Fingers crossed.

3. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

I will call Kathy on Monday December 3rd for an update and see where we stand.

4. boomtime

boomtime Well-Known Member

Wish I found this thread earlier on...You guys decided on a great looking boot; best luck with a smooth transaction on all parts. I will keep my eye out for the next MTO or other opportunity to own a truly unique Alden build.

5. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

If you like this MTO, you should keep an eye on this thread and if hopefully this Thor boot is approved, the DC store may order extras that you could take advantage of.

6. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

this.

I snuck in on the last leffot day tripper..

7. boomtime

boomtime Well-Known Member

Great advise...I just subscribed to the thread so I'll keep on top of this.

8. sellran

sellran Senior member

So? Any word?

9. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Wasn't able to get Kathy on the phone today. Will try again Tuesday.

10. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

thanks again for taking the time to keep up on this [​IMG]

11. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Talked to Kathy this morning & no news. Kathy will send an email out either way as soon as she knows anything on the Thor boot.

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Thanks for the update. I'm thinking 2015 is probably a good estimate for when we can expect it

13. WatchTimes

WatchTimes New Member

Is it too late to get in an order?
    I just found this forum!

14. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  15. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

This boot is deserving of an MTO

"... they are the Black Pct boot from Moulded shoe on the Modified Last. I had them resoled by Nick at B. Nelson shoes to duplicate as close as possible the RRL Madison boot sold at the Grand Opening of the London RRL store...I think they came out pretty good..."

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  16. sellran

sellran Senior member

Any updates? I think it's been 3 months since the last checkin with Kathy. I doubt there's any news or we would have heard.

17. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Kathy emailed me this morning with an update, nothing new. Alden hasn't confirmed the order yet. Kathy will let me know if anything changes & I will keep everyone posted as soon as I know anything more.

18. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Thanks for the update. I'm going to try and forget about this, so that if Alden confirms this a year from now (with another 2 years for production), it will just be a nice surprise!

19. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

UPDATE ON THOR BOOT, KIND OF:

Talked to Kathy Flynn today & no update. Kathy said Alden has no word on when the needed Cigar would be available.

I realize that this MTO has dragged on & if anyone has changed their mind and wants to pull out please send me a PM. The main concern of Kathy was the size of the Thor order, thirty eight pair of cigar shell boots. That is a large MTO for Alden with cigar being in demand, other than that Kathy didn't think the order would be a problem getting confirmed by Alden for the design is tasteful one.

On another note, I proposed the idea of a non shell MTO in suede or CXL and Kathy was receptive to the idea. If anyone want to propose a CXL or suede shoe or boot MTO and we can get a consensus this idea could move forward. I look forward to see if there's an interest in a non shell MTO.

Again if you ever need to contact me in regards to the Thor boot to see where we are feel free. Kathy will contact me if there's any update, but I'll probably check in every six months with her.

20. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I like the idea of a fall suede boot. Really any pattern (Indy, wingtip, captoe, etc), in snuff or even the dark brown and on commando soles. I'm very flexible on lasts and styles. Commando sole would be very ideal though given Alden doesn't do dainite (I wouldn't mind crepe but its too controversial for an MTO).