• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC

z8k1n

Reaction score
Yes / black shell tanker as option #2? Sounds great to me.. please count me in..
And thanks again for all the efforts to get these going!

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have WT and NST-on-order boots, so count me out unless a medallion cap-toe appears, thanks though
smile.gif

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great boot. I'd be out though as I'm waiting for a shoemart #4 WTB...

Yeah, my first thought was that there is already a similar #4 WTB on the scene, although not widely available.  Almost defeats the whole purpose of the MTO effort (to get something unique), except if there are enough people that want it, I suppose that is proof in itself that it's worth pursuing.

I'll pass on it too.  While I find wingtips attractive, its just not my style.  I have very plain taste.

I wish the group the best of luck in getting this design made.  Maybe if we can agree on additional makeups I could get in on one.

thing is with tsm they're not taking any more preorders and they didn't do anything outside the size of 8.5-11 so it also left a lot of people out who don't fit into that category or are new to the addiction.

SLAB

Reaction score
sorry Im out too; wingtips are not my style and im looking to buy a cigar or ravello boot.

I will still gladly campaign for my runner-up/backup make though

10r95w7 by SLAB13, on Flickr

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am keeping an eye on this thread. If it ever gets to the point we can get a cigar boot like the above pic with a 360° storm welt and double waterloc sole, then I am in.

sellran

Reaction score

I am keeping an eye on this thread. If it ever gets to the point we can get a cigar boot like the above pic with a 360° storm welt and double waterloc sole, then I am in.

Same here. How difficult can it be?. So may folks have expressed interest in this boot! the grant last doesn't work for me and #4 is an odd color (I've seen it in person and know why they don't make much of it).

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same here. How difficult can it be?. So may folks have expressed interest in this boot! the grant last doesn't work for me and #4 is an odd color (I've seen it in person and know why they don't make much of it).

From what I know it does take a good amount of work, to get form the dream phase of wanting something and the final product, but with the right help, it should not be that difficult. I am like you in finding #4 to be an odd color that does nothing for me, but some do like it. Hopefully we can convince Kathy to also do a version that is more rugged and is in cigar. I think what everyone needs to realize is that any sheel make-up will be a long process. It seems even normal make-ups are taking 18-24 months now. I have a couple pre-orders with Leather Soul that are over 18 months now.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sorry Im out too; wingtips are not my style and im looking to buy a cigar or ravello boot.

been looking for this in ravello forever

Last edited:

kippy

Reaction score

I am 100% in for this makeup if it would be organized.

kippy

Reaction score

I love these boots. Happy with this makeup or the slight variation proposed by others on the thread (storm welt, oiled soles).

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that is a good looking rugged boot. I could see that aging beautifully. I would put my money down on that.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 for cigar. I don't have a strong welt preference, but definitely all eyelets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads