1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Roguls, Mar 31, 2011.

1. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

anatomica offers additional options, but be prepared $$$

2. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I'm willing to pay the $$$, Anatomica like many Alden dealers is plagued by extended delivery times. I've been waiting for their Ravello PT boot order to be confirmed since last September . . .

3. nutcracker

nutcracker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Went to check out The Lacota House some time ago....

NST Bluchers in Modified Last
    Saw these in person. Didn`t look bad at all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. LImorowman

LImorowman Well-Known Member

Thanks. The Lakota house looks like they only carry D width on their site. And Anatomica's site is a bit hard to navigate, but I don't think they show the Aldens they have in stock.
    I love Moulded in NYC, but I wish they carried just a few more shell choices..

5. nutcracker

nutcracker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Try getting on The Shoe Mart`s Alden Irregular email list. At least when I used to get them, I saw lots of Modified Last rejects (presumably sent back from Japan), I remember they have some in C width too. I haven`t received one in a while though.....

6. alladin

alladin Senior member

I got a chance to try the modified last yesterday and I was very surprised by the 'instant' comfort level!

The boots felt comfortable immediately and the leather soles were flexible - unlike many shoe brands where the shoes have to be broken in.

I wear orthotics and these seemed perfect. The shape does not lend well to a smart dress shoe, but for casual wear, they are perfect.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  7. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Preference for shape is a matter of taste. I find the shape just fine for business attire.

8. Ennius

Ennius Senior member

I am looking for a vass rep or store in europe to chat with. Any references?

9. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

10. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Any interest in or owners of a ML PT boot with cork soles out there? Ideally, id love a pair with double oak with 705 half soles, but understand it cannot be done due to the last configuration (they can cement but not stitch the second sole).

anyway, I'm incredibly obsessed with these right now :D

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  11. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

What kind of PT boot are you looking for? Calf/suede, color etc.

12. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

13. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Im mostly eying a smooth side brown leather that will patina well- not rough out or scotch grain for sure. Maybe oil pull or aniline finished, like CXL. If I could afford and get em I'd go for ravello shell, but after reading this whole thread it sounds like it just ain't to be... Your Indy order get fulfilled? That's a beautiful boot man!

14. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

I've actually never owned Alden's, but my search for a perfect PT (or possibly cap toe) boot has led me here :) seems like the ordering and selection process is a pain in the arse compared to some bootmakers like Whites (which is what I've gone with in the past). But when i peeped a pair of PT ML boots in #8 somewhere online recently, it all seemed to make sense to me.

Now, just trying to learn what I can, and save up!

15. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

b-ewing, have you called moulded shoes about a resole to neocork?
    Plain toe boot on modified is a good combination for sure.

16. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Kudu Indy is still pending confirmation.

The ravello modified pt boot is my holy grail. I've been on the order list at Anatomica Paris since Sept. Still waiting for that order to be confirmed as well.

17. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

18. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Not my size either

19. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

I'm due to call Rafael, after a few back and fourth emails. Seems to be a very approachable and customer oriented guy, which is great. Neocork appears like a doable option seeing as their Indy is built with it.

20. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

what a painful process!! That said I've been waiting about 14mos for a leather jacket to be made. However, at least I know ill actually get it!!