• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Irregulars with irregular pricing ?

lowbudgetsnob

Reaction score
I have been receiving ShoeMarts emails of Alden irregulars for 3 months now. Has anyone out there seen price boosting on the "normal" price of the irregulars ? I see style FD-471 as an irregular with normal price of $576 and a sale price of $239.95. But, turning to the ShoeMart website, I see style 471 at $364. FD-471 and 471 look the same to me. How about you ? $239.95 is a great deal compared to $364, so why this apparent exaggeration ?

shaunw

Reaction score
I have been receiving ShoeMarts emails of Alden irregulars for 3 months now. Has anyone out there seen price boosting on the "normal" price of the irregulars ? I see style FD-471 as an irregular with normal price of $576 and a sale price of $239.95. But, turning to the ShoeMart website, I see style 471 at $364. FD-471 and 471 look the same to me. How about you ? $239.95 is a great deal compared to $364, so why this apparent exaggeration ?

You are lucky they actually send you the emails, I have to beg them to send me the emails every month and even then they usually only send a couple of the sizes I request.....

lowbudgetsnob

Reaction score
i get emails from Mark at ShoeMart. Because of the larger lasts such as Barrie and CDI, I like to get news about the next half size down. When that list failed to arrive, Mark said he would resubmit the request. But, you are right, getting the irregular list takes some coaxing.

shaunw

Reaction score

i get emails from Mark at ShoeMart. Because of the larger lasts such as Barrie and CDI, I like to get news about the next half size down. When that list failed to arrive, Mark said he would resubmit the request. But, you are right, getting the irregular list takes some coaxing.
Yea I have dealt with mark plenty, he seems to pass my requests down to Linda who ultimately sends me the irregular lists. I'm sure they think I'm a pain but with all the variations on different lasts can wear 9.5 D, 9.5 E, 10 D, and 10 E......never asked but I could probably do 10.5D on abredeen last

dgonsh

Reaction score
I *never* get the irregular lists. Its really frustrating as I've emailed numerous times to look into it to no avail.

If anyone feels like being a pal and forwarding 8.5e 9d, 9e, or 9.5d it would be much appreciated.

wait, shouldnt this be in the alden thread?

lowbudgetsnob

Reaction score
I *never* get the irregular lists. Its really frustrating as I've emailed numerous times to look into it to no avail.

If anyone feels like being a pal and forwarding 8.5e 9d, 9e, or 9.5d it would be much appreciated.

wait, shouldnt this be in the alden thread?
I started this thread because the Alden thread is 17 miles long, 1773 pages ! I could not see a way to reverse the order and put my question as most recent. Anyway, there are other Alden threads. I did not realize how lucky I've been to get any list at all. Do know that my April list came on the 16th

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads