• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Alden Grant last fit help

rzapol

Reaction score
Dying to get a pair of Shell Cordovan Cap Toe boots. It looks like my two options are one on the modified last from Moulded Shoe or one on the Grant last from Shoemart.

I have never worn Alden's so don't know that much about their fit. I typically wear a 7.5 D - I have a number of Allen-Edmonds all in that size (though I ended up with a 7E in a Park Avenue). A recent pair of Alfred Sargent shoes I purchased are also 7.5 US.

Shoemart only has a 7D in my size, not a 7.5. I spoke to someone there and he said that he was confident given the information I was giving him that the 7 would be a good fit. However, the feedback I have seen on SF and a couple of other places make it seem that the Grant fits pretty much true to size. Shoemart will take them back if they don't fit, but that is a bit of a hassle.

So if anyone has any experience with the Grant last and/or has any feedback to offer I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Rob

Reaction score
I have those very boots. I wear a 9.5D generally, and that is what I take in the Grant last.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.