• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Cordovan Longwings

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
You got those for 35 bucks??? Please, please tell me they aren't US8.5E or 9D.

If they were not brand new this wouldn't suprise me one bit. The shell versions go 3-digits on Ebay (used) but the calf versions can easily be had for under $50.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
If they were not brand new this wouldn't suprise me one bit. The shell versions go 3-digits on Ebay (used) but the calf versions can easily be had for under $50.

None that I've seen...not in that condition. Then again, I only look in my size, which is the common and competetive 9D (or 8.5E, which might be a tad better for me in these shoes but which I've never seen in a pair nice enough to buy).

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
None that I've seen...not in that condition. Then again, I only look in my size, which is the common and competetive 9D (or 8.5E, which might be a tad better for me in these shoes but which I've never seen in a pair nice enough to buy).

My pair was brand new at $28 (~1 year ago).
I think it's possible--old Florsheims are likely to be poorly listed in my experience.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
You can always go for the classic Florsheim "Kenmoor".
I got those on eBay a few months ago and I paid something like $ 35.00.
They come up all the time for auction (in various stages of preservation).

Kenmoors are really great. I've always had a pair in rotation since the early 90s and thanks to ebay you can find them pretty cheap at all times.

Just picked these up on commiebay for $39.95, def only worn once judging by the sole pic....made in USA Hanover longwings in black pebblegrain, filling a nice hole in my shoe closet as I've been wanting black pebbles.

IMG_636471107.jpg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
You gots to get with the program.

FWIW, I never liked EGs, although I did spend a bit of money trying to keep up. Never satisfied in the long run.

My EG 202s are nice but I would never spend AUD999 for a pair ever...

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
My pair was brand new at $28 (~1 year ago).
I think it's possible--old Florsheims are likely to be poorly listed in my experience.

BINGO!! I just bought a pair of the black pebble and the shell cordovan longwings for $45....for both.

Some completed auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=006

Active, but an odd size:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Florsheim-Imperi...QQcmdZViewItem

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
as soon as someone here for AAAC posts about actually getting his shoes without issues, I'll def be breathing a sigh of relief
confused.gif

Well I'm breathing a sigh of relief as I received an email from Active Shoes confirming the order and that the shoes will be mailed on Monday 10/1
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I'm breathing a sigh of relief as I received an email from Active Shoes confirming the order and that the shoes will be mailed on Monday 10/1
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

I posted on the Ask Andy's thread as well, but I also got the email (last night at around 1:00am, interestingly enough).

-Karim

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
The TeamShoe site updated with more Aldens (boots) and Allen Edmonds park avenues. The Alden boots arent coded right or something because the page doesnt load and says "can't find page on server"

I called and spoke with the gal I assume is Michelle Au (had asian accent) and she was very helpful, checking their stock to see if they had my size in the cordo #8 chukka (which they didnt
frown.gif
)

btw, the shoes will be shipping via Fedex

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I love the way a forum that was drooling over the EG 888 a year ago is now gaga for Alden.

It brings a smile to my face, I have to admit.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The TeamShoe site updated with more Aldens (boots) and Allen Edmonds park avenues. The Alden boots arent coded right or something because the page doesnt load and says "can't find page on server"

I called and spoke with the gal I assume is Michelle Au (had asian accent) and she was very helpful, checking their stock to see if they had my size in the cordo #8 chukka (which they didnt
frown.gif
)

btw, the shoes will be shipping via Fedex

What number did you call?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

I won't order a pair. I won't submit to peer pressure and tempation.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I won't order a pair. I won't submit to peer pressure and tempation.

As you shouldnt. If guys are buying these things because of "peer pressure and temptation" they need to stop and re-evaluate their decision.

Then some of us, a minority on SF for sure, have been into these style of shoes for awhile now. For me, it's an upgrade of sorts, never having owned shell cordo But the longwing brogue is a classic shoe that's been a part of my "tribal uniform" for a long time.

Hard2Fit, the number is originall posted on AAAC
(718) 698-8580

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Then some of us, a minority on SF for sure, have been into these style of shoes for awhile now.
Indeed. I actually just sent my first ever pair of bespoke shoes back to their manufacturer last week for a re-coloration. They are a pair of gunboats, although Italian in style, that make the Aldens look almost small in comparison. A nice dark brown, and they are good to go. Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking regarding the original color, but never the style.
lat001sf7.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads