• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Chromexcel Indy Boot (403) Sz. 8.5 D

Status
Not open for further replies.

david3558

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Still clearing out my somewhat huge collection I've acquired over the years. I've got to let my Alden 403's (size 8.5D) go... they are made of Horween Chromexcel, in the beautiful brown shade. Rough it up and it will look just like the boots in Indiana Jones - the brown Chromexcel is essentially the correct shade too :) It looks a little dark in my photos, but I tried my best to represent the color - they are pretty similar to any other Chromexcel Indy you'll find out there, you can check out the following links for other people's photos/info on the boots: Leffot & Epaulet

These boots have always been taken care of and babied by me, the soles have a ton of life left, the wear is most evident in the outer corners of the heels, just like all shoes - however the wear is light as you can tell by the writing still being visible on the heel block and intact stitching throughout the front.

They appear a little glossy in the photos because I just applied another regular coating of Saphir - they have always been stored with shoe trees and placed in the bags when not being worn. The stuff works wonders on Chromexcel, so I'd recommend that you continue to use it.

These boots retail everywhere else for $465, get it from me for $290 + shipping!

Here are some quick specs from Epaulet:

• Upper - Brown Chromexcel leather from Chicago's Horween Tannery
  • Outsole - Oil resistant Neoprene, with interior tempered steel shank from heel to ball for maximum support.
  • Last - Alden's famous "Tru-balance" comfort last

These work well if you wear: 9 in Clarks DB, 8.5 Alden Barrie, 9 Alden Plaza, etc, 9 on the Brannock Device.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them :)

Attachments

• _MG_9033.jpg
    _MG_9033.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 24
  • _MG_9031.jpg
    _MG_9031.jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

david3558

Reaction score
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I was going to go to bed and wake up and somehow find that they had already been sold without my knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads